Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingLoad DataReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Repackbox Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lee C press repair

Boolit Master
    Have got a few broken aluminum Lee press for nothing. Usually clean up the area of the break and TIG weld the parts back together. Have repaired electrical motors with an aluminum body by TIG welding the broken foot back to the motor frame. One Sunday, a little after noon
    , a guy in a one ton truck rang my door bell, he had a 100 HP motor on the truck and ask if I could weld on a broken motor foot.
    Told him to back his truck up the driveway. Welder the motor foot back to the motor frame. He gave me $200.00 for the half hour work. The motor went on a cooling tower on to of a 8 story building. Never found out how he got my address on a Sunday at noon time.

Quote Originally Posted by bstone5 View Post
    Have got a few broken aluminum Lee press for nothing. Usually clean up the area of the break and TIG weld the parts back together. Have repaired electrical motors with an aluminum body by TIG welding the broken foot back to the motor frame. One Sunday, a little after noon
    , a guy in a one ton truck rang my door bell, he had a 100 HP motor on the truck and ask if I could weld on a broken motor foot.
    Told him to back his truck up the driveway. Welder the motor foot back to the motor frame. He gave me $200.00 for the half hour work. The motor went on a cooling tower on to of a 8 story building. Never found out how he got my address on a Sunday at noon time.
    As a lifelong tig welder I can relate. Recently a fellow contacted me about making a device to cut almond roca that his relative makes for the "medical" industry here. So, this was special roca lol.
    I'll neither confirm or deny how I was reimbursed for this Sunday work

Quote Originally Posted by Char-Gar View Post
    In 2010, I paid $20.00 for a1950's Pacific Super C. It will prime, deprime, FL size and seat even 375 Holland and Holland ammo and will never break off a mounting foot.
    Yeah I bought a CH 201 Universal for $30 recently for the same reason

Boolit Master
    Dodge Co. GA. Between the Ocmulgee and Little Ocmulgee rivers.
    Been wanting one of these to play with. I want to box the frame, add a thicker base, and relocate the linkages to the top of the press. I want to build sort of a miniature Redding 700.

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk

US Govt mantra: If it's moving tax it. If it's still moving regulate it. If it stops moving subsidize it

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by bstone5 View Post
    word does travel in groups when good work is done. I had a Highpower shooter travel from Illinois (6hrs round trip) all the way to Indianapolis because he knew from another forum that I can rebarrel and rechamber Mauser rifles with pretty good success.
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12