WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Repackbox
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Inline Fabrication Titan Reloading

Thread: Witnessing service obedience

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar

Witnessing service obedience

Just some thoughts that were put on me this mourning . This is not a sermon...only my perception and possibly reinforcement of your own thoughts . We with faith are suppose to confirm and encourage one another in our common belief in GOD . We are to witness through our words and acts to spread the word of GOD . To minister to others Christian or not with the spiritual gifts and abilities given us through our Lord . We are to motivate each other for a greater understanding to increase our individual discipleship .

I see so many of faith with potential that do not explore those spiritual gifts and abilities given . Many that seem complacent to spend two hours out of 168 hours in a week and throw something in the plate on Sunday and call it quits . I don't say this to belittle those people....I say it to encourage them to give service , to explore and find what GOD would have them do to increase his kingdom . In the process building your understanding and relationship with GOD .

Witnessing and giving service is addictive and a blessing .
    Our Lord gives us the responsibility and privilege to do his work . He moves through us to accomplish greater works that we may never see the results of our effort. You are important and needed to make these plans work as he directs .
    Witnessing is easy , rewarding and increases understanding . To fail to witness is failing GOD . We are told by Jesus Christ to spread and reinforce the gospel . Witnessing can be as easy as including or mentioning GOD in daily conversation . Many think you have to memorize the bible or quote scripture to witness and that is false . Witnessing is your testimony , telling what GOD has done in your life . Let people know you are a Christian...Stand up . To do otherwise proves you are not , too many closet Christians already .

I hear so often from people that say ; Well , my relationship with GOD is a personal thing is why I don't talk about it .
    That's no excuse , it's a cheap get out . We are all to have a personal relationship with GOD that's a given . That we have that personal relationship we should want others to have it too. Our bible tells us in more verse than I know off the top of my head that we are not to keep our light under a bushel .
    To witness , give service to do good work is rewarding , everyone wins .

Well I thank you for putting up with me , hope I stirred up thought and not the pot . I love the people here , you are part of my life . Thank you .

Charlie
    No turning back , No turning back !

Brother Boaz is right on the money.

Some of you have been following my dog Casey's and my adventures.
    Service is rewarding in so many ways.

It is addictive, when Casey and I leave the building we walk out the door with a bounce in our step, a smile on our face, and a glow in our hearts.

We can look back over the day and see smiles on faces magically appear. See depression and despair lifted and banished.

Just sitting by the main doors coming into the building greeting people as they come, go, move down the hall. Staff members, residents, people visiting. A smile, a cheery "good afternoon" and Casey does his little "begging for attention" routine.

The point is every single one of us can make that difference.

In my case Casey makes it so very very easy. A smile, a good afternoon, then a short and sweet "life of casey" then if they are still interested perhaps a humorous Casey story.

We all have the potential. Even if it is something as simple as resolving to the next time you feel nervous or apprehensive, respond instead with a big bright smile and a greeting. Meet their eyes, acknowledge their existence.

If we all make the world just a little bit better place than we found it. Won't we all be happier?

Good post Charlie. Hope I did not sidetrack it.

Super Moderator Emeritus
    177 hours a week. 2 hours of church, that leaves 15 hours of service that belongs to God.
    10% Belongs as a return to the Lord because He owns everything we have anyway. He blesses us with our needs and more, should we not willingly honor God by furthering His kingdom?

Boolit Master
    If it became illegal to be a Christian tomorrow, would there be enough evidence to convict me in a court of law? Would my defence attorney be able to point to my actions, behavior, travels, language, or associations to provide evidence against my Christianity, or would the opposite hold true? Look into that mirror a moment!
    God's still working on me and I claim no perfection, but I work with a young lady who claims Christ , but has a mouth that would curl your hair! The buliding trades teacher where I attended high school cursed, swore, and told the most vile jokes you ever did hear, imagine my surprise when I learned he was deacon in church! How many Christians do you know who are merciless, cruel, heartless, and just plain mean? I've witnessed plenty of both kinds of witness! Some claiming Christ witness for the Devil!

Boolit Master

Amen to all posts, Are our lamps full of oil or are they empty with a dried up wick? This is exactly what I needed to start off my day, Thanks to all who comment. Amen.

Ecc 12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

To live it, to our best ability, is a witness in itself. People see and hear and know there is something special there. Sometimes a smile turned toward a person having a bad day, to say good morning, and mean it, because Christ is in you, these are all witnesses. Witnessing comes in many shapes and colors, but all have one common core, a love of God, and a desire to share it.

Ecc 12:14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

All good comments !
    Witnessing is simple and becomes part of your life . I truly don't understand why more don't share Christ with others . I have said in past threads it's a bonus and blessing to both when you start to witness to a stranger and discover they are a Christian when they fall in and start witnessing back ! The confirmation that there are many others trying is uplifting . Standing on a parking lot , in a grocery store , in a restaurant , buying bait at a bait stand........It happens all the time to me . Giving praise to GOD with a complete stranger .

In the parable of the sower you see that not all the seed of the sower will grow . But the seed must be sown everywhere to account to a greater harvest . Not everyone is going to find GOD but everyone should be given the choice . If not made aware of that choice they remain lost .

Luke 8;11-15
    “Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God. 12 Those by the wayside are the ones who hear; then the devil comes and takes away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved. 13 But the ones on the rock are those who, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, who believe for a while and in time of temptation fall away. 14 Now the ones that fell among thorns are those who, when they have heard, go out and are choked with cares, riches, and pleasures of life, and bring no fruit to maturity. 15 But the ones that fell on the good ground are those who, having heard the word with a noble and good heart, keep it and bear fruit with patience.

Mark 4;1-9

And again He began to teach by the sea. And a great multitude was gathered to Him, so that He got into a boat and sat in it on the sea; and the whole multitude was on the land facing the sea. 2 Then He taught them many things by parables, and said to them in His teaching:
    3 “Listen! Behold, a sower went out to sow. 4 And it happened, as he sowed, that some seed fell by the wayside; and the birds of the air came and devoured it. 5 Some fell on stony ground, where it did not have much earth; and immediately it sprang up because it had no depth of earth. 6 But when the sun was up it was scorched, and because it had no root it withered away. 7 And some seed fell among thorns; and the thorns grew up and choked it, and it yielded no crop. 8 But other seed fell on good ground and yielded a crop that sprang up, increased and produced: some thirtyfold, some sixty, and some a hundred.”
    9 And He said to them, “He who has ears to hear, let him hear!”

Parable of the sower explained .

Mark 4;13-20 And He said to them, “Do you not understand this parable? How then will you understand all the parables? 14 The sower sows the word. 15 And these are the ones by the wayside where the word is sown. When they hear, Satan comes immediately and takes away the word that was sown in their hearts. 16 These likewise are the ones sown on stony ground who, when they hear the word, immediately receive it with gladness; 17 and they have no root in themselves, and so endure only for a time. Afterward, when tribulation or persecution arises for the word’s sake, immediately they stumble. 18 Now these are the ones sown among thorns; they are the ones who hear the word, 19 and the cares of this world, the deceitfulness of riches, and the desires for other things entering in choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful. 20 But these are the ones sown on good ground, those who hear the word, accept it, and bear fruit: some thirtyfold, some sixty, and some a hundred.”
    Last edited by Boaz; 10-10-2017 at 05:46 AM.

Boolit Master
    Mat 7:6-8
    “Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.
    “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
    For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

What are these pearls he is speaking of? Is it our faith, the message? I do believe we should testify, but why throw your pearls to the swine? Use some descression. Ex: I grow a big garden, when I sow my greens I don't throw seed in the grass, or on the road in front of the garden because they won't grow! It isn't about the seed, its about the ground!
    Last edited by Thundarstick; 10-10-2017 at 07:24 AM.

Matthew 10;11-15
    11 “Now whatever city or town you enter, inquire who in it is worthy, and stay there till you go out. 12 And when you go into a household, greet it. 13 If the household is worthy, let your peace come upon it. But if it is not worthy, let your peace return to you. 14 And whoever will not receive you nor hear your words, when you depart from that house or city, shake off the dust from your feet. 15 Assuredly, I say to you, it will be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment than for that city!

Thundarstick your scripture is correct but we are to try first to make that determination .

Boolit Master
    Thanks Boaz.
    I just get the impression from some, that seem to me, to be saying if your not slapping everyone you be you meet in the face with your Bible, your failing to be a Christian. I do think we need to let the spirit move us and to do that I have to be listening.

I understand but no bible in hand is required . I witness through just being casual and friendly , getting in someone's face and bible thumping will drive folks away . The lost do not understand scripture , being they have not been saved they do not accept it at face value and understand it like we do . So many have been driven away by aggressive witnessing . I have never opened a conversation by telling someone they are going to hell .

Matthew 5;14-16
    “You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.