Load DataRepackboxInline FabricationReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionWidenersRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone been to a gun show since Las Vegas?

Boolit Master

I couldn't tell you. I haven't been to a gun show since before Sandy Hook.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelDuke View Post
    I couldn't tell you. I haven't been to a gun show since before Sandy Hook.
    I tended to do big restock every year or two to replenish stock. Sandy Hook happened with my inventory / shopping list on the table for a trip to a show to replenish. Needless to say there where more people than bullets at that show. I have since changed my approach. I'm now in the pattern of use 1k primers buy 2k primers Use 2# of powder doing a batch of reloading then buy 3# to replace it.

Our LGS is not really a good source, so I have made it a point to shop at the shows that are local. Those are for the most part local (state or area) small business people who appreciate my business. What I hate is the ones that charge for parking. I don't mind paying a few bucks to go fondle some goodies but parking on top of the show admission seems excessive.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerDat View Post
    I tended to do big restock every year or two to replenish stock. Sandy Hook happened with my inventory / shopping list on the table for a trip to a show to replenish. Needless to say there where more people than bullets at that show. I have since changed my approach. I'm now in the pattern of use 1k primers buy 2k primers Use 2# of powder doing a batch of reloading then buy 3# to replace it.

Our LGS is not really a good source, so I have made it a point to shop at the shows that are local. Those are for the most part local (state or area) small business people who appreciate my business. What I hate is the ones that charge for parking. I don't mind paying a few bucks to go fondle some goodies but parking on top of the show admission seems excessive.
    That's my same restocking schedule and it has worked well for me. I'll wait for sales and free shipping though and order online. Paying twice the price per lb locally at bass pro/cabelas was just painful. My LGS doesn't even sell 1k primer boxes with a discount...same as paying 3.99 per 100.
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Boolit Master
    There's one in Prescott Valley, Arizona, this weekend. I'll walk through on Saturday morning. From what I hear, there's still plenty of tables. I'll be looking for old THompson Center items.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12