Reloading EverythingRepackboxSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Load Data Wideners
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hollywood Super Turret club update

Hollywood Super Turret club update

Team Hollywood
    Last edited by .50bmg; 09-14-2020 at 04:53 PM.
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

Boolit Master
    Awesome looking pair there BMG!

Thanks for the updated list.
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by LUBEDUDE View Post
    No number - Tracvision

No number - Lubedude
    Both are absolutely certain their presses don't have a serial number? It is tough to see unless the paint is removed.
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA-Life, ARTCA, American Legion, & the South Cuyahoga Gun Club.

Caveat Emptor: Do not trust Cavery Grips/American Gripz/Prestige Grips/Stealth Grips from Clayton, NC. He will rip you off.

Kevin, can you still see your SN# after the refurb?

Post a pic if you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by .50bmg; 09-14-2020 at 04:53 PM.
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by .50bmg View Post
    Kevin, can you still see your SN# after the refurb?

Post a pic if you can.
    I can see it, but I don't believe the phone will focus in close enough, nor is there is enough definition (I put 1-2 coats of aluminum primer plus 1-3 coats of wrinkle paint) for it to show on camera. The numbers were hand-stamped into the base, but don't know if a jig was used or not. Will look later tonight after work.

Edit: I checked the press, and the numbers are easily seen using a flashlight to increase the contrast.
    Last edited by Kevin Rohrer; 10-10-2017 at 09:28 PM.
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA-Life, ARTCA, American Legion, & the South Cuyahoga Gun Club.

Caveat Emptor: Do not trust Cavery Grips/American Gripz/Prestige Grips/Stealth Grips from Clayton, NC. He will rip you off.

Boolit Bub
    I’m still thinking we need to do the shirts. Dark blue with the wonderful side view illustration from the patent drawings on the back and your press(s) serial number on the front breast pocket.

And it really makes me laugh that I have to add the (s).

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kitchen View Post
    I’m still thinking we need to do the shirts. Dark blue with the wonderful side view illustration from the patent drawings on the back and your press(s) serial number on the front breast pocket.

And it really makes me laugh that I have to add the (s).
    I am good w/ that. I have a t-shirt shop near me that is pretty good about doing small print runs. However, I don't know about the feasibility for adding individual numbers.

I'd like to see over the left breast:

Hollywood
    Super Turret #---

I have pretty solid intel that #369 may exist..... Stay tuned.
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

Is the press on flea bay the same press? Found it searching for "Hollywood reloading".

Starting bid is $190.

15meter... No, it's not the same press. The Super Turret is a bit bigger, and pretty rare. Only 100 known to have ever been made.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	320a.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	25.9 KB 
ID:	250779
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by trails4u View Post
    15meter... No, it's not the same press. The Super Turret is a bit bigger, and pretty rare. Only 100 known to have ever been made.

Views:	74 
ID:	250779
    Thanks, I know where 2 Hollywood presses are taking up space in a garage, curious, how many different versions of turret press did Hollywood make?

How do you tell the difference?

And is the flea bay price in the ball park?

The guy that owns them is a bit goofy, he'll never use them, but may never part with them or he may sell them next Tuesday for scrap value.

Quote Originally Posted by 15meter View Post
    Thanks, I know where 2 Hollywood presses are taking up space in a garage, curious, how many different versions of turret press did Hollywood make?

How do you tell the difference?

And is the flea bay price in the ball park?

The guy that owns them is a bit goofy, he'll never use them, but may never part with them or he may sell them next Tuesday for scrap value.
    Kevin, 50bmg, or LUBEDUDE should chime in here at some point I'd think....they know MUCH more about them than I do. They are very collectible, and there are several models out there. If you search 'Hollywood' on this site....you'll find several threads about them.

Banned
    15meter, the one you are looking at on eBay is a Model III, it is the first Hollywood turret press. There is a second listed at 600, buy it now. It is a Model C. They are both the same press, only the Model C has the straight back. The other follows the original Universal frame design.

The Super Turret is a massive aluminum frame press that is the last of the Hollywood/Universal press designs. It stands about 8 inches taller than the original Model III. The thing is huge.

There is one more Hollywood turret press and it's based on the Senior frame.
    Ken

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 15meter View Post

Can you get a pic for us? We can give you low and high values based on condition and completeness.

#369 is currently in my possession. Future unknown at this point....shredded a front differential yesterday on my wife's truck coming home from a hunting trip in KY. #369 may be available soon....

Pics?????

#369 is currently in my possession. Future unknown at this point....shredded a front differential yesterday on my wife's truck coming home from a hunting trip in KY. #369 may be available soon....
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

Quote Originally Posted by .50bmg View Post
    Pics?????

Views:	83 
ID:	251631

.50...this is the actual press, #369. I haven't gotten around to taking more photos, nor cleaning it up. I know...shameful, but I've been dealing with other issues (health related). Unfortunately for me, #369 is being re-homed. Most fortunately for #369, it is going to a most excellent home where I know it will be used and respected/treated for what it is. Breaks my heart....but the bills are piling up, so you do what you have to do.

Boolit Master

Views:	83 
ID:	251631
    If you look at the left side of the base near the front, you can clearly see the numbers. That is the same location the numbers on mine are located.

Boolit Master

Someone got a Super Turret for pennies on the dollar from Ebay. I was going to post this auction before it ended, but forget to do so. Sorry.

I don't supposed someone here snagged it?
    Last edited by Pressman; 04-14-2020 at 08:29 AM.

I was tempted to throw in on that one that just ended. 1500 was good deal. but alas it was not meant to be.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast