Inline FabricationWidenersRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
RepackboxSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data Lee Precision

Thread: Vevor Ultrasonic Cleaner Review

Boolit Grand Master

Vevor Ultrasonic Cleaner Review

I decided to upgrade to a larger ultrasonic cleaner. The 2.5L Lyman I had worked but it has limitations in both size and power. Bought a 10L Vevor off of Amazon for $155.

This is $40 more than the Lyman but it's four times the size, has four transducers and a larger heating element. Has a brass ball valve off the side for draining which is a nice feature.

All I did today was fire it up and see how long it took to heat up the water. I filled it to full capacity. This is a lot more water than will be in it when I'm cleaning brass. The setting is in Celsius, max of 80°C, and I used ten minute cycles.

41°C to 54°C - 25°F rise
    54°C to 65°C - 19°F rise
    65°C to 74°C - 16°F rise
    74°C to 80°C - 11°F rise

Reached a max of 83°C(181°F) two minutes after the heaters shut off. I stopped timing after five minutes when it was still at this temp.

It took forty minutes to rise from 105°F to 176°F. The Lyman would never reach anywhere near this temp. From the same starting temp it would take a good hour for the heater to finally shut off. I typically heat the water on the stove first but it's nice to know this unit will achieve 80°C if required.

The timer maxes out at thirty minutes. If brass won't come clean in this amount of time then I doubt it ever will. The Lyman had a max timer setting of eight minutes. And brass always took more than one cycle to come clean.

The unit has four transducers. Three of the four are very active. The fourth not so much. I don't want to deal w/ returning it. I could end up getting one that's worse off so I'm keeping this one. I bought off of Amazon in case I got one that didn't work at all. They can be bought off of eBay a little cheaper but returns are a **** shoot.

Like any ultrasonic it's loud when in operation. Much more so than the Lyman. You won't want to be in the room when it's running.

Draining left some residual water in the unit. Had to tip the one side to get more out. One paper towel was all it took to soak up any remaining water. The ball valve is really nice to have. I was never fond of tipping the Lyman over to drain. I always felt like water would eventually get into the electronics.

My initial impression is that it's worth every penny and then some. For $40 more you get four times the capacity and three more transducers. I will take some pics and try cleaning some range brass later on

Good review. Thx
    NRA Benefactor Member

Boolit Bub
    what was total cost?

Boolit Grand Master

$155 like it says in the OP. A lot less since I sold the Lyman I was using before it.

Boolit Bub
    Summers in N.E. PA, Winters in Central Florida
    Thanks for posting this, I have a small ultra sonic cleaner, and the capacity of your bad boy is impressive! Will have to look into one of these!

Boolit Grand Master

Haven't forgot about this. Just been really busy. I'm supposed to be on tech support the next two days. I need to find some dirty brass to see how well it works.