RotoMetals2Inline FabricationRepackboxLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataReloading EverythingWideners
Titan Reloading Snyders Jerky
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Star dies that I make

Boolit Man
    Lathsmith,

Fair enough. Happy customers means great customer service. And customer service seems to be lost in today's world. I do have a question. I'm going to cast some 358156 boolits. Do you have a set sizer die for this? I am also interested in a .45 ACP boolits, but I'm not sure too much about them except I want a sizer die for .452. I'm am gas checking the .357's and so I would like a punch for it as well as a punch for the .45's. Not to mention a die puller. While my Star is on backorder, I can only sit here and think about all the possibilities. I look forward to figuring out what EXACTLY I need/want and when I do, I will contact you. Thank you
    Respectfully,

Powell

Boolit Master
    Hi Powell,
    Yes, I can make you a die that will work with the 358156, and most any other single-groove slug. In fact, many Star users prefer this, as they don't have any other molds in their inventory, and it makes for a very simple and easy-to-use setup. It's also possible to order a die with the "standard" lube row arrangement of 3 rows of holes spaced .125 or so apart; this allows you to set up your die for different slugs and punch lengths, as you just plug the unneeded rows of holes with shot. Of course, if you do switch between slugs with differing lube groove arrangements, you may have to plug/unplug various rows. This can get tiresome, so plenty of guys like to have more than one die per caliber simply to speed things up when it comes to switching between slugs.
    Generally, many guys prefer to use a dished punch for gas checks, these seem to give better overall results. Also, these punches are fitted to within about .008 or so of die diameter, as using a smaller punch than this with gas checks usually don't work very well.

The punch nuts with setscrews are preferred by many users as a "set it and forget it" approach, they only use 1 or a few molds with their die/punch combos and this makes for very fast caliber changes.

The roller L-handle is preferred by those whow size a large number of bullets at once. If you only do at most a few hundred slugs at a sitting, you probably won't really see much difference here.

Your new Star should come with a die puller, so you should be good to go there.

Sincerely,

lathesmith

Best thing about his dies compared to magma's is the numbers on top. My magma die looks like my 6 year old did it with a hand engraver.

lathesmith's uses steel number stamps to mark them, very nice and easy to read.

Boolit Master

Lathesmith:

I just sent you a PM about getting a .452 die and a top punch, etc.
    - MikeS

Want to checkout my feedback? It's here:
    http://www.castboolits.gunloads.com/...d.php?t=136410

Boolit Master
    Thanks Mike, I'll be getting your stuff made up here in another few days.

lathesmith

Boolit Man
    Lathesmith,

I just sent you a PM for a punch. Thank you.
    Respectfully,

Powell

Boolit Master
    Thanks Powell, PM now replied to.

lathesmith

Boolit Mold
    Hi Lathesmith
    Thank you for exelent service,i have received Sizer,6 punches and 9 lock nuts,top quality.
    Thanks again
    Barodi

Boolit Mold
    Lathsmith
    I received my order today. Everything works great so far. On the .430 standard die I blocked the bottom holes and adjusted the punch to work with the Lyman 429244 255gr SWC GC with two lube grooves and the Lyman 429244 240gr bore riding FN no GC with single lube groove. On the 429667 the bottom bearing ring blocks the top holes on the die. I can alternate back and forth without making any adjustments.
    Both boolits size right to .430, no lube leaks.
    Ihave pushed the .358 die in & out of the machine and sized one boolit, right at .358.
    This is a San Diego machine and the dies are tight.
    Thanks
    tudor8055

Boolit Buddy
    Pm inbound

Boolit Bub
    i just picked up an old star lube sizer. i understand dies are no longer available for them. is this what you are making dies for. if so i need 44cal and 45

Boolit Master
    I'm having a hard time finding a Saeco die I need. Any chance you might expand your product line?
    Thanks.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety".
    Benjamin Franklin

Where an excess of power prevails, property of no sort is duly respected. No man is safe in his opinions, his person, his faculties, or his possessions.
    James Madison

Boolit Master
    Hi rain,
    Yes, I make dies for the Star lubesizer. If you aren't sure what kind of sizer you have, just look around the forums here, there's all kinds of pics of Star sizers. Many of us are kinda fanatical about our love of these things!

scb, I have made Saeco dies in the past, and I can make you one now if you wish. These are a bit higher than the Stars, but they aren't a problem to make. PM me if you are interested.

Thanks,
    lathesmith

Boolit Bub
    if i get you a picture can you go off that??

Boolit Master

What diameter SAECO die do you need?
    Mike

Boolit Bub

Need dies made

Here are pictures of the .357 die that came out of the lube sizer.

http://s1179.photobucket.com/albums/...20Sizer%20Die/

Boolit Master
    Rain, yes, that's a Star die all right, let me know what you need and I can make you any size you want, from about .223 up to around .515 or so.

Thanks,
    lathesmith

Boolit Bub
    i am kinda new to this casting thing so you tell me i will cast 200 gr for 45 auto 240 gr keith bullets for 44 mag i have sized both of these in a lee sizer die and tumble lubed them and they shoot ok. how/where do you want payment? thanks

Boolit Master
    Rain, check your Private Messages, I sent you a note with the info you need.

Thanks,
    lathesmith

Chris:

I received the dies earlier this week. The machining is well done. Thank you.

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast