RepackboxRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLoad Data
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationLee PrecisionWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Photobucket FIX

Moderator Emeritus

Photobucket FIX

Are there some Photobucket hosted photo's in the Castboolits forum that you can't see?

you can install a "embedded tool" AKA: extension ...which is basically free software that embeds into the browser and will automatically fix the photo's for your viewing pleasure.

posted in the Muzzleloading section
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...hotobucket-Fix
    Quote Originally Posted by FrontierMuzzleloading View Post
    Apparently Google Chrome and Foxfire have found a way to access the photos that Photobucket.com does not now allow you to post to 3rd party sites anymore without paying a high price.

"In the cases where former/current PhotoBucket users haven't deleted all their albums, Chrome and Firefox now have an extension, Photobucket Embed Fix, that will display 3rd party hosted images. It will fix all your broken pics, no need for you to do anything, it runs entirely in the background.

Click Tools>Add-Ons (Or press CTL+Shift+A) >select Extensions > enter "photobucket embed" in the Search box (upper right corner) > then click the install button."
    I am assuming the above instructions by FrontierMuzzleloading is for Foxfire, as when I attempted this in Google Chrome, the actions needed are slightly different, but the end result worked great.

How I added the "FIX" in Chrome:

On the top of the browser (far right of the address window)
    Click on the three vertical dots (Customize and control Google Chrome),
    then click "more tools"
    then click "extensions"
    then click "get more extensions" at the bottom of the page.
    That takes you to a new page (Chrome web store).

I entered "photobucket embed" in the "search the store" box and clicked enter.
    3 different options were found, I chose the second one entitled, "Photobucket Embedded Image Fix".
    I uploaded that, it took about 3 seconds.
    DONE!
    That solved my viewing issue with photobucket photo links on castboolits.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Moderator Emeritus

This probably isn't a permenant FIX.
    it may work until Photobucket's deadline of Dec 31 2018, after which I assume they will no longer support those "free" account albums.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    This probably isn't a permenant FIX.
    it may work until Photobucket's deadline of Dec 31 2018, after which I assume they will no longer support those "free" account albums.
    well, it appears photobucket caved in. I got this email today.

Sent: Monday, October 1, 2018 7:05 PM
    To: JonB...
    Subject: Learn how we’re keeping Free Hosting, FREE photobucket

Starting October 10th, you will see a discreet “Proudly hosted on Photobucket” watermark on any images you display on sites other than Photobucket.

This change will allow us to continue offering our image hosting service to you as a free user. If you don’t mind the watermark and wish to continue as a free user, you won’t need to do anything. If you prefer no watermarking, simply upgrade to one of our affordable premium plans starting at $4.03 per month and enjoy all of the benefits of membership.

For a limited time, upgrade now for just $1 per month!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~