Titan ReloadingADvertise hereRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionStainLess Steel MediaGraf & Sons

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: What was the first press, that you owned, that you reloaded on????

Boolit Master
    RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme Master Reloading Kit, still on the bench today (with friends )

Boolit Bub
    Like many others here I started on a Lyman Spartan Press.............That my dad bought new in 1968 or so!

Boolit Man
    Grand Forks, ND, USA, NA, Northern Hemisphere, Planet Earth, Milky Way
    RCBS Rock Chucker

Boolit Buddy

My first press was the one owned by the chap who taught me how. It was a heavy C. I don't recall the #. This was sometime in late 55 or 56. He sold my Dad the press, a Redding scale (the brown one with the crackle finish), a Bond measure, and I think, Pacific dies in 270 WCF. I still have and use everything but the big Herters. I want to tell you about my loading manual, my first manual.
    It has long since joined the sands of time but the fact that it was a sheet of lined notebook paper has stuck with me. A few scribbled lines of numbers and I was off to the races. My teacher was my neighbor too.

I was only going to load 270 in 130 gr and 100gr. , so my little manual was brief. There was nothing about primers, cases or bullet manufacturers. I had three powders listed, 4895, 3031, and 4064. My first published loading manual was a 39 Lyman...

Boolit Master

Our first equipment was from Herters. The press was a "C" frame press with pretty simple linkage. If I remember correctly, the shell holders did not interchange with any other equipment. We made lots of good ammo on that press but I consider the Rockchucker that I replaced it with to be a much better press.

Boolit Bub
    I was lucky and had friend that had stuff and wanted me to be happy. Sold me a Star set up for 38 and 45 for $100. came with the case feeder and primer tubes. I spent hours making a table with just the right holes in it to drop the primers and loaded rounds into their own buckets. I remember that the case funnel was the coolest thing I had ever seen at the time.

Boolit Buddy
    RCBS Junior, 1971

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345