Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersSnyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionInline FabricationRepackbox
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2

Thread: Suggested Sights for CZ 75B for Steel Challenge Shooting

Boolit Buddy

Suggested Sights for CZ 75B for Steel Challenge Shooting

Have a CZ 75BD police with the factory white dot sights. This is fine for plinking at the range where I have time to line-up the sights but not so great when trying to get on 10 inches at 25 yards quickly.

I'd appreciate any suggestions from those who have used the CZ 75 with modified sights that are 'legal' for steel challenge matches.

Boolit Master

Open: This is the race division! All legal firearms are allowed. Optics, Compensators, and any safe holster/position are specifically allowed.

Limited: Any iron-sighted pistol without a compensator, barrel ports, or optical sight. Fiber optic inserts are specifically allowed.

http://forums.brianenos.com/topic/13...eel-challenge/
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Boolit Buddy

Thanks skeettx
    I'll be "limited", for sure . Seems all the devices on the link provided were 'optics' - e.g. red dot or the like. I'm thinking of the hi vis red or green inserts for front sight and something comparable for the rear to give me a '3 dot across' look. Any limited shooters use something like that? In a CZ 75? NO rail.

Boolit Master

NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Boolit Buddy

Thanks skeet. Appreciate the feedback.

I went with these as I liked the idea of adjustable sights so I can (hopefully) make my POA the same as POI without a hammer.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/LPA-TTF-F...-/162328624390

Boolit Master
    Dawson fiber optic sights from Cajun Gun Works is your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by JDL View Post
    Dawson fiber optic sights from Cajun Gun Works is your huckleberry.
    I have to agree the Green fiber optic in the front sight is very easy to pick up quickly. Dawson Rear Sights are adjustable and make a good sight picture when added to the Front Sight. I have them on 2 Glocks. Note: the third pistol is a SIRT Training Pistol.

Note: these pics were taken outdoors on an overcast day with the Red FO. The Green FO pics were taken today in bright sunlight. It is much brighter in direct sunlight you can't miss it and especially against the black background of my BBQ.

The type of shooting you want to do depends almost entirely on your ability to pick up the front sight automatically during your presentation. Not having any distraction at the rear sight is a plus. Having a prominent Front Sight to focus on makes this much easier. Master this and trigger control and you'll do good. CZ's have pretty good triggers out of the box so you shouldn't have any problems with that. Doing a trigger job on one is not easy, but on the CZ75B it is usually not necessary.

Randy
    Last edited by W.R.Buchanan; 10-09-2017 at 03:49 PM.
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com