Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRepackboxLoad Data
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading

Thread: Hi-Viz on Blackhawk

Hi-Viz on Blackhawk

The shooting game I play, dictates only "Iron Sights". My old retired eyes have begun to struggle in lowered light situations. The group I shoot with most frequently are also similarly dysfunctional. After checking with the BOD, it was cleared for aftermarket post and groove type sight replacement. So I purchased and installed a new Hi-Viz front sight on my new model Blackhawk. WOW!! Just finished installing one on my buddys nm Blackhawk. There are two types available with one type having interchangeable and different colors of fiber optic. Although the swap out is straight forward, some careful fitting and drilling is required for proper replacement. My particular work was rewarded with no sight adjustment needed. Advert states the sight is for Super Blackhawk, but it works as a replacement on both models with pinned front sight blade. This is putting Granpa back in the game with the kids. Oh yeah, the price kinda sux.
    Roy
    Shoot often, Shoot well.

Banned
    I put the Hi viz on my Super Redhawk. The Redhawk has a spring loaded assembly and it was a breeze to change. Sight was spot on. I got the green front sight and it has several colors I think white and red also.

Do they work in sun? I have the 'Fire Sights' on a muzzleloadingforum.com, not the best in bright light, great in low light. Need something for the Blackhawk! Is there a 'V' rear sight insert? Thanks, hc18flyer

Damn auto correct!

Boolit Master
    I have the "V" or express type rear and a gold bead front, on my RH. Use to be available from Ruger, don't know if they still are. I don't see why the rear blade wouldn't fit the BH.

Winelover

Hey hc18flyer
    We tried them both out yesterday. It was a partly cloudy day with both bright and shaded light. The sight helped us both in either situation. We shot for an hour during which the conditions varied even while in trigger squeezing mode. Bear in mind, our targets are between 50 and 75 yds out. I am very reluctant to ever adjust my sights once established as set. Due to better sight definition I was able to tweek a click on both, up & down, back & forth. A much better defined front sight made us a bit silly in target selection. We have some buddies with worser eyes than ours and expect them to love this.
    Do not know about the rear sight. The front helped enough to stop a lot of whining for a good spell. Our problem lies mostly in fuzzy front sight, especially on cloudy or rainy times. I was aware of the Redhawk easy switch front sight but really wish this cure was available for my old model flat top. Darn!
    Overall I would recommend the switch for others struggling as we are. Getting old was great! Being old sux!!
    Roy
    Shoot often, Shoot well.

Thanks, I need to get one on Mine! hc18flyer

Boolit Master
    This is what I did on a Blackhawk that didn't have a pinned front sight. This also allows you to change the height of the front sight if needed.

Hey bdicki
    That is outstanding!! While I should have thought of it, it never occurred to me. Thank you so much. Hey your location says central Florida. I would love to shake your hand and treat you to the best handgun game there is.
    Roy
    Shoot often, Shoot well.

Boolit Grand Master

I put one on a GP100 and it was like night and day for me.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum