Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyWideners
Load DataLee PrecisionRepackboxTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: supper last night

Banned

supper last night

shoulder off a small doe in the crock pot all day with spuds, carrots, onion a can of cream of mushroom soup and a pack of lipton onion soup mix. Doesn't get much better.

Banned
    Makes me hungry. I hope there was lots of gravy and potatoes. Never shot a dear been deer hunting so I can only imagine the hunt, the shot, and the prep needed in order to enjoy that meal. I envy you Lloyd.

Banned

not much effort to cook. Just throw it all into a crock pot turn it on in the morning and dump it out at supper time.
    Last edited by Lloyd Smale; 10-05-2017 at 08:40 AM.

Moderator Emeritus

Can tell you are from the Midwest! Crockpot and Cream of Mushroom soup cooks anything! We used to dump pheasant breasts in the crock pot with the soup and cook it all day. Shredded the meat into the gravy and served over rice.

Boolit Grand Master

Mary B we did it with pigeon breasts also. Used either Cream of mushroom or cream of chicken. Over biscuts or mashed taters.

Banned

yup venison, cheap beef, burger, chicken or any bird, pork, really about any meat and a can of cream of mush soup and you've got a good meal.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    Can tell you are from the Midwest! Crockpot and Cream of Mushroom soup cooks anything! We used to dump pheasant breasts in the crock pot with the soup and cook it all day. Shredded the meat into the gravy and served over rice.

Boolit Buddy
    Good gawd, dontcha realize how hungry you're making all of us?!?
    Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory ... lasts forever.
    Retired USN
    NRA Life

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    Yes this is good stuff
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Sounds good Lloyd ! Crock pots are handy , don't know why I don't use mine more often . Just stupid is all I can figure .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Banned

when I was single and young id throw something in the crock pot before work and when I got home put the crock pot on the coffee table on a hot pad and eat right out of it. Put the left overs in the fridge still in the crock pot and take it out the next day and toss the whole thing in the microwave and do it again. ALOT less dishes to wash!! I hate doing dishes. My dad used to laugh at me. I had a kitchen window right by the kitchen sink that looked out over my back yard. Every spring he come there and take pans I threw out the window because they were to nasty to bother cleaning and take them home and clean them and bring them to camp. Me, I just bought new ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boaz View Post
    Sounds good Lloyd ! Crock pots are handy , don't know why I don't use mine more often . Just stupid is all I can figure .

Banned
    I simply use the larger slow cookers. I get a rump roast or beef bottom round on sale and throw it into the cooker with a 1" of water on the bottom and then throw in a packet of McCormick Au Jus Gravy mix and let it cook about 6 hours and then throw in an additional packet of Au Jus into the pot with more water and let it cook another hr or so and remove the meat to let it stand. I then dump the liquid into a pan and make gravy. The meat is so soft you can cut it with a fork easily.Makes for good sandwiches and if one wants to place some sliced meat on a good bun and cover with some cheese and then broil for a couple of minutes until the cheese melts and browns a little you in for a treat. The gravy is either used for dipping the sandwich or over potatoes.