Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingWidenersSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fiocchi PRIMERS? any thoughts

Boolit Master

Fiocchi PRIMERS? any thoughts

I normally use only Winchester or Federal Primers, but notice Fiocchi for a good price. Good or bad any experience?

Boolit Master
    I have Used these in the past on and off. For me they works well. . I am not very picky about Primers . Most times I buy what is On sale and Buy 5m Of the one on sale. I know that does not sound Very scientific
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost

Boolit Master
    Gee wish I could afford 5,000,000 primers.

Maby he ment 5I. My fat fingers hit the wrong key on my phone all the time.
    Last edited by jdfoxinc; 10-04-2017 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Added comment

Boolit Mold
    I have used them (SP and LP) and they are reliable and seat easily, can't say anything about the "hardness" of them since my guns set off near anything.

For me a primer is a primer and I use the ones I can get cheapest, mostly S&B primers at the moment.

Boolit Buddy
    Plate plinker,

I have been using up a case of Fiocchi small pistol primers for about a year and cannot tell a difference between them and CCI, Winchester, or Remington. The Fiocchi primers work fine in all my unmodified revolvers and semi-autos. I have a couple of revolvers that are set up to use Federal primers and there have been a couple of failures to fire but no more so than the other three brands I mentioned. I will buy more when the current stock is depleted if they are still available and as cheap as the current batch. I also have some Tula small pistol primers and have experienced failures to fire even in my unmodified revolvers but they work fine in my Glock 19. Even so, I would not buy Tula again.

Gus Youmans
    Last edited by Gus Youmans; 10-05-2017 at 10:15 AM.

Boolit Master
    I am also working through a case of small pistol primers. They have been just as reliable as the CCI and Winchester I used previously. I am not picky with my handgun loads; so I never ran them through my chronograph in comparison to other brands.
    Back in the land of boolits.

Boolit Master
    I use the shotgun primers and have gone thru thousands, the only draw back is they seem slightly larger in diameter and can be harder to seat the first time.
    jim

Boolit Master

KOehn,jim - Fiochi shotgun primers are fine but once you use them in a shotshell, Rem and Wins are a loose fit and leak.

No experiance with their pistol and rifle primers.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Plate plinker View Post
    I normally use only Winchester or Federal Primers, but notice Fiocchi for a good price. Good or bad any experience?
    A friend of mine is shopping around for primers; what price would these happen to be?

Boolit Buddy
    Fiocchi primers work every single time I used them in their own factory loads, but I've never seen any comparisons to common OTC primers such as Federal 210's or Remington 9-1/2's. I'd be inclined to think they are just fine, but you'd have to develop your own load data for use with them.
    Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory ... lasts forever.
    Retired USN
    NRA Life

Boolit Grand Master

I bought several thousand small pistol a few years ago. They worked fine. I had a few minor seating issues but they were probably the 9 mm brass and not the primer. I prefer CCI but these were really cheap.

Boolit Master
    I started running them in my competition pistol loads and have been very impressed with the standard SP's. I have several guns with lightened ignition systems that will only reliably run with Federals, most other primers are too hard or not sensitive enough and ill end up getting failures to ignite some rounds. Having to rack out light strikes kills you on stage points, I hate that. It wouldn't be a huge deal if I could get my hands on standard Federal SP's but they have been anything but available for quite a while now. I bought a case of the Fiocchi's here not long ago to try and was surprised. Thousands of then fired in my race guns now, NOT A SINGLE FAILURE! No light strikes, no problems!I'm not sweating the availability of Federals anymore and I didn't have to sacrifice my light triggers for reliable light off with harder primers!

Excellent primers in my experience thus far. If tricked out race guns work 100% on them, that means something!
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

God Bless our Troops, Veterans and First Responders!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    Accuracy, Power & Speed

Boolit Master

Gee wish I could afford 5,000,000 primers.

Maby he ment 5I. My fat fingers hit the wrong key on my phone all the time.
    He used M correctly. M is the roman numeral for 1000 and has been used quite commonly to denote thousands.
    "Masculine republics give way to feminine democracies, and feminine democracies give way to tyrannies.” Aristotle

Banned
    Or he could have been low and meant K for thousand

I bought 1500 of the Fiocchi primers on sale to test them out. I loaded 1500 cast H&G #51 with 4 gr WW231. My standard 38 special plinking load. I shoot most of them through a Colt Officer's Match or a S&W 3" square butt Model 36.
    Every one went bang.
    I am not picky when it comes to primers. They all work and unless you are trying to shoot one hole groups it doesn't make a hill of beans difference.
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Boolit Master

My experience mirrors most. All my SP primers went bang in 38.

Boolit Master

Powder valley $36 for 1500 seems okay except hazmat. Peeked my interest.

Boolit Master
    I managed to get a box of SP that was not exactly reliable. Every primer would go off, but sometimes it would take 2 or 3 strikes. Happened in two different pistols that have never had an issue with light primer strikes. Luckily both pistols were DA/SA, and all of the ammo was plinking ammo. I learned how to deal with a FTF in my carry gun pretty well as a result.

Probably not going to buy that again though. CCI is my primer of choice.

Boolit Buddy

As stated I use them for the last loading in shotgun hulls that are wore out. They are a bit larger. Never used outside shotgun

Boolit Master
    Not sure about now but in the past I purchased some Fiocchi LP and they were lead free. Saving them for when I shoot indoors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast