Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingGraf & SonsADvertise here
Lee PrecisionStainLess Steel MediaRotoMetals2

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Not paying it forward!

Not paying it forward!

I have posted two nice items that were immediately claimed and I shipped them out quickly. I peruse the PIF section; no response PIF items offered as of yet. I realize life happens, but so should Honor. Rant over for a week.
    Best, Thomas.

Boolit Master
    I had a PIF claimed over a month ago with nothing offered in return. So, do we report these people on the Deadbeats list?
    NRA Life
    NMLRA Life
    F&AM

Boolit Master
    Maybe not on the deadbeats list just yet, maybe start with a friendly PM; as you said sometimes life gets in the way.
    "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
    ~Pericles~

Boolit Master

There's a trend in "banking" pifs, so the claimant may be "ahead".

Me, I don't know 'nothing 'bout it.
    WebMonkey
    Retired 19D
    Psalm 91:9
    Honda 919

Vendor Sponsor
    I my self do not think banking pif should be done just to keep thing in line. as far as people not paying there pif it is going to happen. I for one will not take a low post count again if you do not have 25 or more post you should not be able to do pif just my 2 cents worth D Crockett

PAPERPATCH MASTER

This is just me. If I take a PIF item I am down in my `Cave` that night looking for a return PIF to post.Robert

Boolit Master

I also trusted a low post count (2) to fulfill their promise to reciprocate and put something/anything up for a PIF in return for a very nice item that I had put out. It's been about three months, and a couple of reminders to, and promises from them, and nothing... unfortunate but there are those who are born to be users.
    Five out of six doctors agree that Russian Roulette is completely safe.

Oh my I'm embarrassed. It completely slipped my mind. I posted in return on another forum and must have thought it was for this.

Either way I'll get something up asap

Edit: i put some 1022 parts up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nmarciano19; 10-04-2017 at 08:43 PM.

Agree that in a self policing PIF situation, banking only confuses the system. It should be take one, give one and it should be done within 24 hours or an explanation is warranted. This doesn’t mean necessarily someone is scamming the system , but at our advanced ages forgetting is getting more common.

Boolit Master
    If I was putting something out in PIF it would be because I could do without it. I would rather trust and not fret too much, a reminder PM does seem reasonable but it is like loaning money to family. Better to consider it a gift and be pleasantly surprised if you get paid back than to think of it as a business transaction.

One might even consider PIF a cheap filter for potential deadbeats. Speaking of which maybe a thread not of deadbeats but of unresolved PIF that have not been addressed. Just to avoid same person getting a second bite of the apple later. They can always quote the "late" notice post in that thread and link to the PIF they did to resolve the outstanding obligation. But since I'm not a moderator I wouldn't have to manage that bag of wet cats thread, making it probably sound like a better idea than it is.
    Je suis Charlie
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this way of getting casting material somehow.
    Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat I do trade a bit from time to time.

That is honor right there. A mistake, an apology, and an explanation. Thank you!

No problem. Once again I apologize.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

As do I. Sorry I took so long.
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=344776

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Not paying it forward!

First let me say I have been the recipient of several PIFs and am very grateful to have had the chance. I have also always to my knowledge posted up in kind (if my
    Memory failed me and I missed one please let me know and I will dig something up to post)

One thought I would throw out there though. On my wife and my wedding day I first learned of the concept of Pay it Forward when a woman saw us at the 7-Eleven heading to our reception (had to get that Slurpee), a woman unknown to us grabbed my best friend and gave him $40 to give to us as a congratulations. We were young and not a ton of disposable income so this meant the world to us. Sometime later, when we were better off, we came across some newlyweds who had blown all their savings to go on their honeymoon. We took the opportunity to pay karma back with interest and helped that young couple enjoy their honeymoon a little more with $40 of spending money plus a bottle of wine. Since than we have done the same thing at least twice more.

All that as a long winded way to point out an opinion: our Pay it forward section is a great way for us to help our fellow shooters with stuff we donít need but they can use. Some of them may not be in a position to immediately return the favor, but that doesnít mean your kindness wonít be remembered and returned sometime later. Yes, some people are deadbeats and they have to live with that, but, why should anyone whoís given a PIF get their blood pressure up cause they did a good thing helping another. Plus, arenít you helped by cleaning out your old stuff at the same time?

Anyone remember being new to all of this and how much it costs to start?

Sorry, just my 2 pennies.

Boolit Buddy

Pay it Forward is fun and there's not that many things left that are pure fun so play fair and square and lets enjpoy the best thing here.
    We were brothers then, we are brothers now, we are brothers forever. Currahee

Boolit Master

I try to do lot of things through "georgeonedollar" as a pay it forward, I don't worry about somebody else not keeping up because it was a gift. sure some people may take advantage of the PIF system but if I put something under a PIF I consider my part done and lifes to short to get upset if somebody does not keep it going.

/\ this. D.C.
    Dennis Eugene "You know why no one panic buys 30-06? Because people who shoot 30-06 don't panic"

Life does get busy, and while I don't always post something right away, I do try to post eventually and/or help someone out not on the forum. If life was fair, none of us would be where we are. We don't deserve what we have, and if a young fella can't repay a kindness right away, it only makes him feel worse when someone jumps down his throat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    For by grace are you saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast. Eph. 2:8,9

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by D Crockett View Post
    I my self do not think banking pif should be done just to keep thing in line. ///snip///
    I have done banking on PIFs, still ahead by one I think right now (I keep it in my sig if I am ahead and how many so I do not get confused) by banking them it lets me PIF something when I have it available and ask for something when it becomes available, the other options are to just PIF it and then maybe not have anything available to PIF when something I want comes along and have to skip asking for the item or just keep 1 or more items (I was up to 4 or 5 PIFs in the bank at one time) on hand and hope I can find them when needed after asking for a PIF. When asking for a PIF and using a banked PIF I always ask the person putting up the PIFed item if it is OK to do so, so far none have said no.
    I prefer to be ahead and bank them than try either of the other options.

EDITED to add: As for my keeping tack of if the person I gave a PIF item to PIFs an item, I never bother to keep track my self, it's just not worth my time to do so.

Michael Grace
    +1 on PIF's

That is a great idea Michael !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast