Reloading EverythingRepackboxInline FabricationWideners
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I was asked this Question!

Quote Originally Posted by stolzerandsons View Post
    be honest and tell her that there is nothing that will stop a determined person from hurting or killing other people. The tool they use is irrelevant. For example the berlin market attack 12-2016, 12 killed 48 injured with a truck, in a country with fairly restrictive gun laws. How many could a person with a truck kill driving into a crowd of 22,000 at a concert? I don't know the answer but i know a temporary chain link fence doesn't stop 60,000 pounds of rolling steel.
    this!!!

Banned
    When asked "gotcha" questions, Jesus would often answer with a question himself. I will offer no quotes, go research it yourself. But with Jesus' example I would answer that question with another question, which is: "You are a human being, tell me, how can you prevent a human being from dying?"
    Obviously it cannot be done. That is the problem with those who do not fear God, they try to mitigate every possible threat in life. I hate the idea of being forced to wear seat belts. I live in a community that forces parents to make their children wear helmets to ride bicycles. And on ad nauseam. So why do we not make children wear helmets when the walk on any concrete surface. They may fall down. Grrrr. People who cannot trust in God force the gubmint to provide every security for them. Now they even want the gubmint to protect them from the "the sky is warming, the sky is warming" ...don't get me going here...

Boolit Master
    Then there`s this situation.Anyone remember the novel about the guy that was going to
    try to kill a bunch of people at a Super Bowl game.Was going to use a huge claymore type weapon attached to the Goodyear blimp.Think about something along those lines about 15 feet by 4 feet loaded with 1 inch steel ball bearings in the back of a box truck and pointed at that type of venue and touched off.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

There are more ways to kill groups of humans than we can possibly list. That this guy used guns is bad for legal gun owners, buy in with traffer, the godless want to mitigate and prevent every possible harm to everyone. We all are going to die, no one gets out of this life alive. Deal with it, take as few risks as you feel comfortable with and live your life to the fullest. And let's help each other work to keep our guns in our hands.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Interesting idea but is the tens of million in cost worth one incident?
    Why not? We got a "knee jerk" Homeland Security Agency of 38,000+ individuals and their salaries and benefits, how many airports with "feel good" multi-million dollar equipment for seeing if you have any metal parts stashed on your person, of course after the embarrassment to you of an illegal strip search, and SWAT Teams and training in every major town and city the likes of which would probably make the Third Reich proud. Where does it end?
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Master
    RE:Post 65.IIRC,the name of the book was"Black Sunday".
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gibson View Post
    Have to know why he did it before we can answer how to prevent it. He apparently did not violate any gun laws as all were legally purchased so there was no prevention there. No criminal record so no prevention there. No apparent mental health issues, etc. so it boils down to his motive which when that is found out may or may not provide and answer.

I will say this; you cannot prevent this type of premeditated and planned out incidents from happening with defensive "security" measures. They will always find a way around those or find another venue of attack.
    Plus One, Larry.
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234