Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionWidenersInline Fabrication
Load DataRepackboxTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: any Black MZ users

any Black MZ users

Anyone using MZ in cartridge rifles yet? just started reloading my 40-65 with it. Haven't shot any yet.

Guess not. Didn't matter. shoots good.

Boolit Master
    I hear some are using it in Martini-Henry 450/577. I need to check that one out. I wouldn't see why it wouldn't work in cartridges. It works great in small & large bore m/l rifles & small to large shotguns of the front stuffing variety. Lights off great with caps- too chicken to load up a flinter & use some black in the pan to set it off but might just try it anyway with a load of shot in a smoothbore I have. It would be easier to dump out the shot. Next time I go out, that might be the plan.

Boolit Buddy
    I have had very good results with BLACK MZ in my 45-70,56-50 &56-46 Spencer and 500- 450 No 1 carbine.I think the very clean burning is the main advantage but the bore must be washed out with boiling water and then cleaned properly if rust is to be prevented,if cleaned with just Hoppys it will rust in a day

Boolit Master
    I have been using The TC T-17 for black powder with good results. I swab it out before I put it in the car after a day's shooting and then when I get home, I take out the nipple, give it a couple of swabs and then dry until the patches come out clean, put some Birchwood Casey Barricade, Rem-Oil, or 3-in-one oil in the bore to protect it. It has worked well so far. I'm going to give it a go in the Martini-Henry, someone even reports that they used it in their flintlock with black in the priming pan and that it shoots great. Good to hear.