Load DataTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingWideners
Snyders JerkyRepackboxRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision

Thread: R.I.P. Tom Petty 1950 - 2017

Vendor Sponsor

R.I.P. Tom Petty 1950 - 2017

Rest In Peace Tom Petty 1950 - 2017. Tom Petty and his band showed the world (those that have ears) what TONE is all about. His music and the guitars and amps they used were a complete education in old skool music making in it's purest sense. He was not swayed by MTV, politics, effects pedals, those guys hit on a musical vein and they would mine it, perfect it, refine it, cleanse and trim it and pan it out until only the essential gold remained in the pan, and then they would craft the finest jewelry for our ears. Thank You Tom and band, for a lifetime of diamonds and gold. Now I gotta get me one of these fabulous red guitars...

Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Grand Master
    he is still alive
    bad reporting on the fake news
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Vendor Sponsor

HIs longtime manager confirmed his death.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Master

amazing how many times in 1 day ive heard the story change, hes alive, hes dead... if he is too bad as i really enjoyed some of his music.

Boolit Master

Fox confirmed his death 10-3-2017 AM. I thought he did the best half-time show at the Super Bowl a few years back.

Boolit Master
    Most people remember him for the songs of his that were egregiously over-played on the radio. When I think of Tom Petty, I think of the song "Something Big" from the Hard Promises album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9SBMIgbOcA
    Last edited by Kosh75287; 10-03-2017 at 01:50 PM.
    For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. Ecclesiastes 1:18
    He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool become servant to the wise of heart. Proverbs 11:29
    ...Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Matthew 25:40

Carpe SCOTCH!

Boolit Grand Master

I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

One by one we lose the artists that know our times and who live the same seasons. RIP

What makes me really feel old is hearing the music I used to party, cruise, and kick back with played on a Musak system in a store, restaurant or elevator.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master
    He's with his old pals George Harrison and Roy Orbison now.

Boolit Grand Master

Met him and his group once in 1977. At the time I didn't know who they were. I was a kid working evenings at small town gas station. They pulled up about 5 minutes after I closed. Filled them up and had a beer with them.

Boolit Master
    I got the Travelling Wilburys Vol1 CD. I just realized who was who on that CD.
    Tom Petty, George Harrison, bob Dylan, Jeff Lynne, Roy Orbison, I have this record for so long and never connected the dots.....

Boolit Master
    Not realy a fan i didn't dislike him. To me his music was just overplayed 80s ****. I did get the impression he was a good guy?
    RIP
    Prayers for peace in his family's lives
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Boolit Buddy

Gainesville boy. I pass his childhood home quite a bit
    NRA Life Member
    Member Florida Carry
    Founding member/moderator COTEP

Boolit Master
    He was an American icon. I can still remember hearing "Free Falling" for the first time and how it made me feel. RIP Tom.
    I was a dog on a short chain.
    Now there's no chain.
    Jim Harrison

Banned

one of the few Musicians for whom I'll shed a tear for, he will be missed. Many of his albums are played often in our house.

Boolit Bub
    He has had his last dance, RIP Mr Petty!

Banned

got to admit I liked his music but be careful holding him up so high. He was about as liberal and anti gun as they come.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    got to admit I liked his music but be careful holding him up so high. He was about as liberal and anti gun as they come.
    Didn't know about his political beliefs...
    FWIW...he was also an admitted drug addict (heroin).
    Hardly a role model...