Thread: They just caused me to become an NRA life member

Banned
    Abit Nutz,

WELCOME ABOARD to the REAL NRA ranks.

yours, tex
    NRA Lifer Since 1965

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Three-Fifty-Seven View Post
    Ummm ... I had a choice of john mccain or a democrat ... I voted for the "d" ... would you have voted for mcstain?
    That is not a choice!

Boolit Man

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Water Bill View Post
    FOR ALL NON NRA MEMBERS.

The NRA has offered a special deal after the first of the year..
    Yes a deal on life and other memberships.
    Then they offer you the opportunity to pay $25.00 per month just like an installment plan.
    This How I was able to become a Life Member. Monthly Payments.

Banned
    ambergrifleman,

I paid for my life membership 10 bucks at a time because I was then in college & making 4.00 an hour on my part-time job with the Sheriff's Office.

Regardless of how you got your life membership, I salute you.

Fwiw, I'm going to start paying for an upgrade with monthly payments until I get my Benefactor membership paid for.

yours, tex

Boolit Master
    I have two links and one comment:

https://home.nra.org/joint-statement/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkWuYr0cD4M

Is the NRA suggesting we ban dowel rods?

On further consideration, I withdraw my criticism.

And, this editor really needs to support strikethrough.
    Last edited by sqlbullet; 10-06-2017 at 01:12 PM.
    My isotope lead page: http://fellingfamily.net/isolead/

Boolit Man
    We are the NRA. When politicians and the media attack the NRA, they are attacking you and me. I take that personally.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ambergrifleman View Post
    This How I was able to become a Life Member. Monthly Payments.
    They're running a sale...so instead of $1,500, it's only $600. Add to that you can make payments....it's hard to say no.
    [

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Water Bill View Post
    How can we compromise with them?
    They have 0 to loose and everything to gain while we ALWAYS loose more ground.
    Exactly! Their idea of compromise is deciding how much of our rights we should give up.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by TXGunNut View Post
    Exactly! Their idea of compromise is deciding how much of our rights we should give up.
    amen! im shifting to the GOA as ive had it with the NRA rolling over on us.

Boolit Master

I haven't been called or received any correspondence from the NRA for years. In this era of caller ID i don't understand why a call from any phone solicitor is a problem. If you do not recognize the number, do not answer it. If it's important, they will leave a message. I get fifty calls a day, and yes, there are a number of various and sundry people begging for money everyday. It's like TV, if you don't like it, there is an off button. It's certainly not worth getting upset about, ignore it. Most people are conditioned to answer the phone, you can't let it ruin your day.
    “Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.”
    ― Mark Twain
    W8SOB

Boolit Master

I'm pretty disappointed in the NRA so far. I think they've taken a soft line. I don't care for those bump stocks, never used one, and don't want one. But I don't believe that an inch should be given, especially not so quietly.

I just finished leveling up another payment plan to upgrade my life membership. I'm not giving up my NRA membership just yet, and really I can't because it's required for my club and the competitions. Maybe I'll be proven wrong and they win some sort of chess game, but I don't like their approach so far.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Banned
    To All,

Fwiw, the NRA has their ENDOWMENT memberships "on sale" for 250.oo, if you are already a Life member.
    (I upgraded to Endowment level about an hour ago.)

25.oo a month will set you up.

yours, tex

Banned
    skeeter2,

WELL-SAID.

yours, tex

Boolit Man
    Gun owners are acting like the republicans. Do I like everything the NRA leadership does? No not exactly, but I am a member because overall I am pleased at the job they are doing and no one else is looking after my rights any better. I certainly wouldn't quit or pull away. The republicans can't all get on the same page, as certain members disagree with little parts of the bills. Meanwhile the leftists and antis tear us apart. They are completely united and never quit. I urge all gun owners to grow a pair and join up. Throw the mail in the recycling and stop throwing tantrums over such a small thing. Your last stand may soon be coming and I want to win.

Boolit Master
    I urge all gun owners to grow a pair and join up.
    I wish the NRA would grow a pair and join the fight here in MA. The AG here has them running away like little girls.

Boolit Master
    You know what pizzed me off on this news coverage of the Las Vegas psycho? When they said he had 43 guns and that you pretty much had to be insane to have that many. What does anyone need 43 guns for? Don't start asking me about how many of anything I need...it's not for you to decide.
    [

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AbitNutz View Post
    You know what pizzed me off on this news coverage of the Las Vegas psycho? When they said he had 43 guns and that you pretty much had to be insane to have that many. What does anyone need 43 guns for? Don't start asking me about how many of anything I need...it's not for you to decide.
    AbitNutz,

SPOT ON.

What/how many of any lawful item that I own/possess, as a FREE & peaceful citizen of the USA is nobody's business except my lady's & my own.

As to the truthful answer to the LEFTIST MORON'S usual question of , "Why do you NEED a _________?", the correct answer is NOYB. = ALL that counts in a Republic is what FREE citizens WANT.

yours, tex

Boolit Master
    I retracted my statements about their soft line because I went back re-read and thought about what they said.

The said that the the ATF should review the existing decision that came under the Obama adminstration. They said that IF these stocks allow the gun to function like a machine gun, then the decisions under Obama were wrong, and should be reverse.

Think about that.

1. They took it OUT of the legislative arena, and put it IN the hands of people that are bound by legal definition.
    2. IF (a BIG IF given that you know Obama took every liberty in trampling the law) it is found that bump fire stocks allow a firearm to function like a machine gun (under the NFA definition) then they should be reclassified.

Which

3. If re-classification was needed (it won't be) they have made it the fault of a democrat administration.

No, that statement was BRILLIANT on the part of the NRA. It gives the left every appearance of the actions they want, but in fact says nothing should be done UNLESS a democrat administration seriously screwed up. And that this should NOT be in the hands of congress.

Hence my retraction.
    My isotope lead page: http://fellingfamily.net/isolead/

Boolit Master
    Those are good points & I hope it will work. I just do not think it will, & thus I still go with the, "Something for something", or "Nothing for nothing" mentality at present.

The track record & desires of the Demoncrats on gun control is pretty clear. The do nothing Repubs have a hard time finding their butt with both hands & fumble around. If this does go to them for action, rather than the BATF, then it is likely that these gun grabbers & fumbling do nothings will not listen to anything the NRA says & will just ban . Hopefully with no other "accessories" or worse riding along....

Dangerous ground... Very dangerous.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Banned
    JBinMN,

SPOT ON.

yours, tex

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast