MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxReloading EverythingLoad Data
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Wideners Lee Precision
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: They just caused me to become an NRA life member

Boolit Master
    I don't live in the US. If I did I would join and support the NRA! There is a lot of truth in the old saying "United we stand, Divided we fall". Here in Canada we do not have the protection of anything similar to your 2nd Amendment. We do have the NFA, which is our parallel to your NRA. I joined the NFA when it was formed and while I often find things to complain about, it has been of great benefit to Canadians. A previous poster commented "but you can only pee into the wind for so long", but from where I sit, it appears that is just what your Goofy Left (Democrats) have been doing (like forever) and continue to do and look at the gains they have made overall in reducing your freedoms (in spite of your 2nd amendment)! So, in my opinion, for what it is worth, every freedom loving American should do just what the OP in this thread did! Good luck to you all and prayers for those injured/killed by the most recent deranged fool.
    R.D.M.

This may have already been said, but if you are a gun owner, and you vote Democrat- You are a fool. So many people vote Democrat"because my daddy did".

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Water Bill View Post
    FOR ALL NON NRA MEMBERS.

The NRA has offered a special deal after the first of the year..
    Yes a deal on life and other memberships.
    Then they offer you the opportunity to pay $25.00 per month just like an installment plan.
    Use the installment plan. I did and when I was about 3/4 paid, they did a membership run and dropped the price and I converted my installment plan into a paid in full by just calling them.
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    This may have already been said, but if you are a gun owner, and you vote Democrat- You are a fool. So many people vote Democrat"because my daddy did".
    I agree to a point. It's amazing how many Democrats are gun owners that disapprove of their party's national anti-gun platform. I don't think rank and file Dems are actually anti-gun, they just make poor choices when choosing their leaders. Their elitist leaders are generally gun owners as well, they just don't think others should be allowed to own guns.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    unfortunately that is the truth
    but I think now the Democraps are their own worst enemy
    carrying on like they do and crying and whining just shows the
    rest what a twisted bunch they really are
    after all who in there rite mind would vote for a criminal
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Grand Master
    I became an Endowment member a few years back. I could afford it and the right to bear arms is important to me. They are the best horse to ride IMHO.

I see people who spend $20 a day on a pack of cigarettes, six pack of beer and a cheap pint of booze who "cannot afford an NRA membership". It makes me angry.

One thing to think about. I am considering buying some of these people who are my friends (yes, they are still good people but they make poor life choices) an NRA membership. In the end, it is a numbers game. It is more important to have triple the number of NRA members than a few more Life, or enhanced level members. Just a thought.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    I pay annually.

Most businesses do better with an ongoing revenue stream, so I provide one.
    My isotope lead page: http://fellingfamily.net/isolead/

Boolit Master

I'm a lifetime member, but I do get tired of every NRA envelope asking for money. I also get angry that I don't see NRA in many of the legal cases which could have far reaching consequences. I have decided to also support the 2nd Amendment Foundation, https://www.saf.org/category/news/ they seem to be a rising star in the 2nd Amendment war.
    "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
    ~Pericles~

Boolit Grand Master

How many do you get. I got the first one for the year last week. I removed myself from all their mailing lists. All I get is the magazine and the occasional letter. The tone of the letters is what bothers me. It's always gloom and doom.

So since I received the letter from the NRA right before the shooting does that mean they are behind it. Was it a money making scheme for them. Just as plausible as what some members are posting.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    How many do you get. I got the first one for the year last week. I removed myself from all their mailing lists. All I get is the magazine and the occasional letter. The tone of the letters is what bothers me. It's always gloom and doom.

So since I received the letter from the NRA right before the shooting does that mean they are behind it. Was it a money making scheme for them. Just as plausible as what some members are posting.
    I get something most every week. Many are disguised as surveys, or some other legit sounding literature. And I get some from the ILA branch as well as the regular NRA, both of which I've donated to.
    "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
    ~Pericles~

Boolit Grand Master

If you're getting weekly mailings then you haven't removed yourself from all their lists. You can do this online. Once you do this the most you get is one per quarter.

Boolit Master
    Been a member of the NRA for many moons. Ever since I was a kid with a paper route. Eternal vigalalence is the price of freedom.
    You can't crimanalize crazy or evil. They don't enforce or penalize the laws they already have. Many repeat offenders in Chicago walking around with a stolen gun in their pocket. I'm all for profiling and stop and frisk.

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    How can we compromise with them?
    They have 0 to loose and everything to gain while we ALWAYS loose more ground.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    I'm a lifetime member, but I do get tired of every NRA envelope asking for money. I also get angry that I don't see NRA in many of the legal cases which could have far reaching consequences. I have decided to also support the 2nd Amendment Foundation, https://www.saf.org/category/news/ they seem to be a rising star in the 2nd Amendment war.
    The almost weekly letters asking for money got real old. I also tired of the phone calls, that were mysteriously always at dinner time, asking for money. It was always "how much can we count on you for today?" Old...
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Boolit Master

cant believe how fast the NRA rolled over . did they ask any of you how you felt about the current issues? bet not. ya think maybe they would ask at least a portion of the membership before making a unilateral decision to just give up!

Boolit Master

Last edited by Three-Fifty-Seven; 04-28-2020 at 10:07 AM.
    John 3: 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Boolit Grand Master
    Stop listening to MSNBC.

The Slippery Slope Fallacy is a real logical fallacy, and we can't fall into the trap of it as our only defense of any particular "gun right."

The Slippery Hope Fallacy is, also, a real political fallacy; and we must never sacrifice the other guys' gun rights in the fallacious hope that, would be tyrants will in return allow us ours. Even the slightest and silliest concession to the Slippery Hope transforms the unalienable right into a government controlled privilege.

The NRA is the queen of the Slippery Hope Fallacy.

I dropped them over their R primary behavior and joined, I think, every other national 2A org. If I find any other steadfast one that I missed, I'll join it too; but never will I give the NRA another cent.
    The first purpose of the Second Amendment is too often overlooked, fostering a liberty of mind and action necessary in the people of a free republic.

“Ironically, the only gun control in 19th century England was the policy forbidding police to have arms while on duty.”
    ~ Don B. Kates, Jr.

Boolit Master

Benefactor member for a while, think my initial Life was like $150 ? I seem to remember my first app had a spot for an existing member to sign ? Sure don't agree with 'em on everything, wanted to throw something at Lapierre on Hannity when he was talking "soft" on bump stocks. I generally send a few bucks every little bit to ILA or PVF, but I wish he'd just said to H with banning anything. Fix mental health issues, sure, if you can, but don't go back to "compromising" rights. They compromised in 1968 on FFL's and it was downhill sliding from there.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by EMC45 View Post
    The almost weekly letters asking for money got real old. I also tired of the phone calls, that were mysteriously always at dinner time, asking for money. It was always "how much can we count on you for today?" Old...
    I forgot about the calls; yes I get them too. A nice lady called, offered a reduced benefactor membership, unfortunately I was unable to upgrade, though I told her I was unable to, she kept trying, even suggested I take the installment plan or give someone else a lifetime membership. I haven't totally given up on them, but they have started to hemorrhage support after this last announcement.
    ~Pericles~

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast