RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingWidenersLoad Data
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: They just caused me to become an NRA life member

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JBinMN View Post
    Those are good points & I hope it will work. I just do not think it will, & thus I still go with the, "Something for something", or "Nothing for nothing" mentality at present.

The track record & desires of the Demoncrats on gun control is pretty clear. The do nothing Repubs have a hard time finding their butt with both hands & fumble around. If this does go to them for action, rather than the BATF, then it is likely that these gun grabbers & fumbling do nothings will not listen to anything the NRA says & will just ban . Hopefully with no other "accessories" or worse riding along....

Dangerous ground... Very dangerous.
    +10!

I saw your "Something for something" suggestion the other day and did not comment right there and then, well done sir!

How low our expectations for our politicians have sunk when the NRA has to chose between Congress and the ATF for entrusting our gun rights and they pick the ATF?

And yes these are dangerous times indeed.

While it's true this is Trump's ATF, we all know that this agency is infiltrated with some of the "swampiest" of the swamp bureaucrats on the face of the earth.

Odd though these swamp rats in suits came away and ruled that the bump fire systems were legal and not subject to the NFA under the rule of O'Gone ....

I think however with the cards this madman dealt us in Vegas just shy of a week ago, the NRA made the best move they could. A holding action to allow for a cooling off in the system and to get to more reasoned thinking by the "right".

We all know the language of the NFA in describing the legal interpretation of full auto and the bump stock simply does not get there. That ought to hold the agency in a legal box canyon for some time.

Where we go from there is anyone's guess once the ATF review comes out.

We know where the left will be, there are no illusions, they will be just as vitriolic 500 years from now as they are right now. But the so called right and center and their thoughts can simmer down over the next few weeks. The investigation will bear more evidence as a result of by the time the ATF finnishes as well.

I have made my thoughts apparent here in the Pit already and been lumped in with FUDDS even though I am an ardent owner of several "so called" assault rifles and some for several years, and the proud owner of a number of large magazines (won't expand on that one for obvious reasons thank you). But the bump stock has never came into my focus until this incident occurred.

After a study of them I find them not to be neither useful nor of any scale of economy to interest me to own them.

My interest in this matter is to preserve our right to own semi auto weapons and as large a magazine as one wants to lug around and to own as much ammo as anyone sees fit and can afford, be they be handloads or factory or any combination there of.

The danger in this is the foot in the door once the powers that be, open the issue of trigger manipulation. A mere pencil eraser can suffice for some that have worked with them. This could cause a cascade of new and different attacks on "semis".

There is one silver lining in all of this: With all this back and forth there will not be more than two fools left standing that don't at long last under stand the difference between FA and Semi!!!

CNN will have to hence forth adjust their grand lies to another angle.

Three44s
    Last edited by Three44s; 10-08-2017 at 12:53 AM.

Boolit Master
    I've been a Life Member of the NRA for over 25 yrs. I will upgrade to Endowment. I fully support the mission of the NRA!

So think about and answer this, what's the legal and acceptable rate of fire of a semi-auto?

Is this acceptable?

I tell ya I'm ready to drop the NRA because they are supporting getting rid of these slide fire stocks, and let me first be clear, I wish they never made and sold them, I wasn't happy the first time I saw them. I wouldn't want one, they are only good for giggles and mowing down a crowd, but to support getting rid of them will only come back to bite us, and that's a promise.

Here's my view, they whole point of the left is, these allowed a high rate of fire, it makes it a machine gun but NO, still it was one pull of the trigger for each round fired. So again, what's the legal and acceptable rate of fire of a semi-auto? OK so let's say they get these banned or ruled by the ATF as a no go, down the road we have another mass shooting involving a stock semi-auto with no slide fire stock, no match trigger, STOCK off the shelf semi-auto. We see footage with audio on the news taken during the firing and we hear rapid fire, what's going to be the response from the left? I'll tell you, "We got rid of the "bump fire" stocks and yet we now see we haven't gone far enough, still many were killed with a semi-auto, we need to ban all semi-auto, no one needs a semi-auto rapid fire gun!"

Are you sure you want to start limiting how fast each pull of the trigger is allowed? Do you really think the anti-gunner's haven't thought this and every other scenario out and have just been waiting to hand off the plans and pre-written bills to the left politicians like Feinstein and Schumer? "Here, push this bill, here's the talking points. If that doesn't fly we have others waiting."

OK so what's going to be banned next, revolvers?

This is NOT a road we want to go down folks, I'm telling you it's a mistake.

ETA: Note my sig line......
    Be careful what you wish for!

And then there's this

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by benellinut View Post
    So think about and answer this, what's the legal and acceptable rate of fire of a semi-auto?

Is this acceptable?

I tell ya I'm ready to drop the NRA because they are supporting getting rid of these slide fire stocks, and let me first be clear, I wish they never made and sold them, I wasn't happy the first time I saw them. I wouldn't want one, they are only good for giggles and mowing down a crowd, but to support getting rid of them will only come back to bite us, and that's a promise.

Here's my view, they whole point of the left is, these allowed a high rate of fire, it makes it a machine gun but NO, still it was one pull of the trigger for each round fired. So again, what's the legal and acceptable rate of fire of a semi-auto? OK so let's say they get these banned or ruled by the ATF as a no go, down the road we have another mass shooting involving a stock semi-auto with no slide fire stock, no match trigger, STOCK off the shelf semi-auto. We see footage with audio on the news taken during the firing and we hear rapid fire, what's going to be the response from the left? I'll tell you, "We got rid of the "bump fire" stocks and yet we now see we haven't gone far enough, still many were killed with a semi-auto, we need to ban all semi-auto, no one needs a semi-auto rapid fire gun!"

Are you sure you want to start limiting how fast each pull of the trigger is allowed? Do you really think the anti-gunner's haven't thought this and every other scenario out and have just been waiting to hand off the plans and pre-written bills to the left politicians like Feinstein and Schumer? "Here, push this bill, here's the talking points. If that doesn't fly we have others waiting."

OK so what's going to be banned next, revolvers?

This is NOT a road we want to go down folks, I'm telling you it's a mistake.

ETA: Note my sig line......
    Watching him fire and reload a revolver, I think he shoots the revolver faster!
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master
    benellinit,

Your point is well taken and that's why these are dangerous times.

Three44s

Boolit Master
    I have said elsewhere, and I will say it here. I am fine with them banning bumpfire stocks on the following conditions:

1. National Reciprocity for CCW
    2. HPA
    3. Every card carrying democrat that has a belt loop on their pants get prosecuted for constructive intent to make a bump fire gun.
    My isotope lead page: http://fellingfamily.net/isolead/

Boolit Master
    I also in for the SHARE Act (HPA) and eliminate the ban on new FA's being built for civilian ownership.

A $200 stamp is not nearly the impediment that prices that range up into the tens of thousands of dollars for guns that are getting ever more scare.

That would not help me as my home state banned new ownership of FA's a number of years ago but it would help folks in states that still allow it.

Three44s
    Last edited by Three44s; 10-08-2017 at 04:37 PM.

Boolit Master
    I wish I had never heard of bump stocks. In my humble opinion, they're just the dumbest most juvenile device created for the abuse of firearms.

I would trade them in a heartbeat for the SHARE Act and national reciprocity...if that's where it would stop.

My problem is not just with them but with me. I'm a conservative in many ways but a social liberal in many others. I'm not just one stripe.
    [

Quote Originally Posted by AbitNutz View Post
    I wish I had never heard of bump stocks. In my humble opinion, they're just the dumbest most juvenile device created for the abuse of firearms.

I would trade them in a heartbeat for the SHARE Act and national reciprocity...if that's where it would stop.

My problem is not just with them but with me. I'm a conservative in many ways but a social liberal in many others. I'm not just one stripe.
    Well your half way there.

Boolit Master
    Well your half way there.
    Sorry, but thinking for myself and not along party lines has been ingrained in me from the beginning.
    [

Quote Originally Posted by AbitNutz View Post
    Sorry, but thinking for myself and not along party lines has been ingrained in me from the beginning.
    No need to apologize, we all have to find our own path in life. In my younger days I use to be a hard core Democrat, I was the odd man out in my country born family, I liked the idea of fighting for the little guy. Slowly I saw things that open my eyes and eventually grew closer to the right until I made the move to change my registration to Republican. For many years I voted both sides and still do sometimes, I vote for who ever I think will serve us best and follow the laws, not themselves. If the Republicans can't become a unified party I'll be changing to an Independent in the next few years, I almost made the move before the last election, I'm sick of the rino's in the party, I'm sick of the broken promises. We need to limit terms, keep fresh faces and ideas moving, less chance of politicians becoming self serving and keep them doing what we hired them for, serving the people.

I'm sick of the broken promises. We need to limit terms, keep fresh faces and ideas moving, less chance of politicians becoming self serving and keep them doing what we hired them for, serving the people.
    That my friend would solve many things,,,especially if we could undue the perks they have voted in for themselves. You might even see a common person run if the guaranteed million dollar payoff is removed

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345