WidenersInline FabricationRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Load DataTitan ReloadingRepackboxLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply PBcastco

Thread: pistol molds

Boolit Buddy

pistol molds

what are lyman rcbs and sarco molds worth to sell I have some to get rid of also have a hollow base wc mold

Boolit Master

?
    Last edited by Three-Fifty-Seven; 04-28-2020 at 10:03 AM.
    John 3: 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Boolit Master
    Obviously it depends on the number of cavities of each mould and it's overall condition. Rule of thumb I use is $35 for a single cav, $50.00 for a double cav and $75 for a 4 cav. Lee 2 cavs are another story. Since they can be bought new with handles for about $22.00, used they are worth about half of that or $11. Of the three mfr's you listed, the Saeco moulds can bring a little more than posted above, depending on condition.
    Hope this helps.--Shuz
    It's all chicken, even the beak!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by milltownhunter View Post
    what are lyman rcbs and sarco molds worth to sell I have some to get rid of also have a hollow base wc mold
    Check the S&S and see if there is something there similar to what you are offering. Photos will be very important as will the actual mold information and condition. Dusty

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    FWIW "gunshow" prices for used molds in good condition with no rust, here are about half of the typical Internet site price for a new mold of the same type. That being "asking" prices, and not "getting" prices. Your mileage may vary, but this hillbilly won't ever pay more than that.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Master
    I think you've gotten good advise here, most of the Lyman stuff offered is single or Two cavity molds but you do see 4 cavity molds every once in awhile. it always depends on condition, bullet design and cavity count.

RCBS are always Two cavity, Lyman and Saeco are Two or four cavity, great molds by the way, but again condition and boolit design are what makes the price of the individual mold that offered for sale.

It also depends on the desire for a certain design which may or may not be available, case in point I have a Lee Two cavity 15 grain SWC mold for the 40 S&W, Lee does not make a 6 cavity mold in this design, and I got really tired of dealing with it last night so I went to Accurate Molds and found Tom offers the same basic design, a 150 SWC, with no bevel on it in a 5 cavity mold, I was also able to customize it for may casting technique, Aluminum mold blocks with a trough cut into the sprue plate.

Expect it in about There weeks or so but should I be unhappy with it in a year or two I know going in I won't be able to recoup my investment more than 50% if I am lucky and find some one that wants this design.

Still haven't figured out why everyone thinks 180 to 200 grain bolts are the way to go with the cartridge? But thats another thread, LOL!

Hope to see what you have in Swap and Sell shortly.

HM