Reloading EverythingInline FabricationRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
WidenersLee PrecisionLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox Titan Reloading

Thread: Beretta CX4 carbine 9mm

Beretta CX4 carbine 9mm

Anyone use cast boolits in Beretta 9mm carbine?

Just picked up a very nice one from LFD for a fair price and have 122 TC and 135TC molds for my SAR B6P 9mm. I will check function w/factory ammo and use Hornady Critical Defense for other purposes. Would like to use the cast for practice.

Also what velocities can I expect w/the cast and the Hornady from the 16" barrel?

Thanks

Seabreeze
    What is important in life? Things....or Honor/ integrity/Service and Humility?

Boolit Buddy
    I have not. I have a couple of 9mm moulds and have loaded a fair number of 9x19 with cast but I have pretty much settled on jacketed and plated bullet loads for my numerous 9s. It is easier for me to standardize on a plated load that feeds in everything rather than match cast to many differing barrels. I love the storm carbine though and have no doubt that a good cast load can be found for it......I think I would concentrate on the 135TC.
    Cast is an adjective, a noun and a verb. Cast works as both imperative and past tense without any additional letters or helping verbs.

Boolit Master
    Have one, my wife and grandson shoots the 9 mm Storm carbine. Shoot a 125 grain cast bullet sized to .357, powder coated with a home made gas check on a plain base cast bullet.
    Have not had any problems with the gun and several hundred rounds of cast bullets have been fired through the gun. Took a little time to clean the gun the first time, did not read the instructions at first cleaning but after reading the instructions all went well. Have never had any lead in the barrel with the powder coated and home made gas check bullets. Use the same 9 mm ammo with several other guns.
    My wife likes the Storm carbine and shoots it often.