Load DataLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything

Thread: Want to see the new Lee Value Turret Press?

Boolit Buddy

Want to see the new Lee Value Turret Press?

I ordered what I thought would be the cheap cast aluminum base value 4 hole turret press and was pleasantly surprised when it arrived. It has a steel base, no red paint, improved primer levers, and a tube to catch spent primers. I am pleased. I understand Lee will be using this same base for other presses going forward.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20170927_211709.jpg  
    Last edited by ichthyo; 10-01-2017 at 11:45 AM.

Boolit Master
    Very Nice

I am curious as to whom you ordered it from..??
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Buddy
    WalMart.com

Boolit Master

Does that press turn 'clockwise' or 'counter clockwise' ???

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ichthyo View Post
    WalMart.com
    Thanks!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by SWANEEDB View Post
    Does that press turn 'clockwise' or 'counter clockwise' ???
    Counter clockwise.

Boolit Grand Master

Hummm. Walmart got a new edition press before the public was informed on dealer websites or Lee Precision web site? No prior advertising?
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Quote Originally Posted by mdi View Post
    Hummm. Walmart got a new edition press before the public was informed on dealer websites or Lee Precision web site? No prior advertising?
    I thought that interesting when this thread was started.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...s-new-press!!!

I will be interested to see how it holds up against the die cast aluminum one once Bubba gets after it. I would guess better, we will see.

GD

Boolit Master
    I just ordered a replacement classic cast turret from Cabelas with some giftcards last week, I'm curious which version I'll get. Will post up some pics when I get back from this trip.
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Boolit Master
    Dodge Co. GA. Between the Ocmulgee and Little Ocmulgee rivers.
    Nice! Now, if only they would offer a single die solid steel top, and larger diameter steel pillars. Something along the lines of the 50 BMG presses from RCBS, and Hornady. HINT HINT HINT!!!! Lol

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk

US Govt mantra: If it's moving tax it. If it's still moving regulate it. If it stops moving subsidize it

Quote Originally Posted by jimkim View Post
    Nice! Now, if only they would offer a single die solid steel top, and larger diameter steel pillars. Something along the lines of the 50 BMG presses from RCBS, and Hornady. HINT HINT HINT!!!! Lol

What do you think your idea of a press would offer that Lee's 50BMG doesn't?
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Master
    Dodge Co. GA. Between the Ocmulgee and Little Ocmulgee rivers.
    Easier to build. Less expensive. More room for your hand.

US Govt mantra: If it's moving tax it. If it's still moving regulate it. If it stops moving subsidize it

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by DerekP Houston View Post
    I just ordered a replacement classic cast turret from Cabelas with some giftcards last week, I'm curious which version I'll get. Will post up some pics when I get back from this trip.
    This won't be replacing the Classic Cast. They're in two different leagues.

Boolit Buddy
    disregard as I found the difference.
    Last edited by TXCOONDOG; 10-09-2017 at 10:35 AM.

Boolit Master
    Does the (old) Safety prime work on this press? Hope Hope

Boolit Master
    The reason the base is not painted is this component will be used for other presses including the long awaited for 4-progressive and paint interfered with the fitment of accessories on the base.

The reason no announcement has been made concerning the new base is it was considered a midterm replacement. They were ready and available so the decision was made to not order any RED Aluminum bases any longer. The new products should be reflected in the 2018 catalog.

According to my inside contact @ Lee!
    My hero's have always been Cowboys!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by 44Vaquero View Post
    The reason the base is not painted is this component will be used for other presses including the long awaited for 4-progressive and paint interfered with the fitment of accessories on the base.

The reason no announcement has been made concerning the new base is it was considered a midterm replacement. They were ready and available so the decision was made to not order any RED Aluminum bases any longer. The new products should be reflected in the 2018 catalog.

According to my inside contact @ Lee!
    This is shorter than the classic, but the new base will be on a progressive press going forward according to what Lee told me on the phone. Not sure which progressive it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by ichthyo View Post
    This is shorter than the classic, but the new base will be on a progressive press going forward according to what Lee told me on the phone. Not sure which progressive it will be.
    My 1st guess will be to replace the Pro1000 as it uses the same base as the Value turret press. An upgrade that would compliment the 4 hole Classic Cast with a progressive that uses the same turrets as the Value press and the Pro 1000 did.

Boolit Master
    I was intending on getting on of the Classic Cast Turrets myself & have been thinking about it for a few months, but now with the likelihood of them offering something newer & possibly more "improved", I am going to wait to see what the price of the newer ones are & what is improved, and also see if the price of the older models goes down.

Thanks for the tip about the newer models possibly out next year, 44Vaquero!

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!