RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyWidenersReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingLoad DataInline FabricationRepackbox
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Bacon Shrimp

Boolit Grand Master

Bacon Shrimp

Wife was going to make baked potatoes and wondering about what to have with it. I was watching triple D last night and saw a part on asian food and saw a shrimp dish.

Wife didn't want asian, so decided to try a cajun bent. Cooked some bacon and saved three strips uncooked. Tore into pieces and put in the skillet with the bacon "bits" from cooking the bacon. Browned some then added the shrimp (precooked, all we had in the freezer) and heated till hot. Added some Tony Cacheres extra spice seasoning and stirred, then added some more. Simmered for a few minutes. Dang , that was good shrimp.

Had some cocktail sauce with mine. Pretty good eating with the baked potato. Had some "drippings left and tried with a last bite or two of the potato, not too shabby either.

No pics, didn't last long enough for pics

Try wrapping them with the bacon on a skewer and grill them. Just before you take them off the grill drizzle them with honey

Jeepguy242 beat me to it on the wrapped and grilled recomendation, but I stay spicy with chipotle powder.

Recommendations, aside; yours reads like a very tasty skillet of shrimp.
    The first purpose of the Second Amendment is too often overlooked, fostering a liberty of mind and action necessary in the people of a free republic.

“Ironically, the only gun control in 19th century England was the policy forbidding police to have arms while on duty.”
    ~ Don B. Kates, Jr.

Philly cream cheese diced hot pepper finely chopped mix . Spread in butterfly shrimp wrap with bacon grill.

Moderator Emeritus

Raw shrimp, cooked off bacon and the fat, butter, cajun seasoning, shrimp boil, dried mustard all mixed in a pan then baked. Peel and eat, french bread on the side to sop up the butter sauce...

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Some good ideas here
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Buddy
    I got to stop reading this forum, It always makes me hungry.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Shumkles View Post
    I got to stop reading this forum, It always makes me hungry.
    I have gained 40 lb since joining the forum! So be careful

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master

My bacon wrapped shrimp recipe starts with dry Jamaican jerk seasoning, honey and rum marinade with a little lime juice in it. I soak the shrimp in it a few hours. The bacon gets cooked about half way before wrapping it around 10-15 count peeled shrimp. The bacon finishes cooking along with the shrimp on a charcoal grill. I baste it with the leftover marinade. It's spicy!
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Banned

that I will try!!
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel lawecki View Post
    Philly cream cheese diced hot pepper finely chopped mix . Spread in butterfly shrimp wrap with bacon grill.

Boolit Master

I had bacon wrapped shrimp grilled with a swipe of standard hickory BBQ sauce. It was great.

Boolit Master

Shrimp is fantastic any way you cook it
    Last edited by DCP; 10-25-2017 at 05:39 PM. Reason: wrong word

Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by DCP View Post
    Shrimp is fantastic any way you cook it
    This times 1000

We have small family Mexican Restaurant in my hometown, they have the BEST Shrimp Enchiladas I've ever sampled. SWMBO and I had dinner there last night with my childhood Bud & his wife, he was Best Man at our wedding 42 years ago next Wednesday. Sorry for the Thread Drift .... I got all caught up in remembering them Shrimp Enchiladas
    Livin' my dream in a little cabin on a mountain .....
    USN Vet 1972-1980, Retired CA Peace Officer, NRA Lifer
    Plank Owner - USS Jesse L. Brown (DE-1089) 17Feb73 / USS Kinkaid (DD-965) 17Jul76
    RIP Mom & Brother, you will never be forgotten & forever loved