Titan ReloadingLoad DataInline FabricationRepackbox
WidenersRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ruger forum dot com

Boolit Master

Ruger forum dot com

I recently joined the Rugerforum dot com (not net). I've got about 50 posts so far and I think I am done with it. Quite a few things bug me about it so far. First, every discussion seems to devolve into a peeing match. Second, nobody seems very knowledgeable about Rugers. Third, I can't believe how many liberals and fascists post there. Finally, and this is my biggest concern, my posts keep getting deleted. I try to join in on a discussion and share my point of view, and a moderator deletes my post. I'm being polite but firm in my beliefs, and frankly more civilized than other posters, but still my posts were deleted. What gives? Anyone else had problems on that forum?
    Last edited by historicfirearms; 09-30-2017 at 09:46 PM.
    I was a dog on a short chain.
    Now there's no chain.
    Jim Harrison

Vendor Sponsor

Rugerforum.net is JUST as bad. Mods censured PMs, edited posts, etc...
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

CB is one of the better firearms-related forums I've come across.

Boolit Master
    I've been on that forum longer than I've been on here, and I joined both around 2005 or earlier. You'll find things you don't like anywhere you go. I will say that most people on the Ruger forum like jacketed bullets or factory loads. I seldom mention lead boolits when I'm on over there.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Grand Master

This place is by far the most free and open. Don't join The High Road if you don't like over moderation. It kills almost every thread. If you don't like a forum move on. I'm a member of a lot of them. But rarely post on them.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    This place is by far the most free and open. Don't join The High Road if you don't like over moderation. It kills almost every thread. If you don't like a forum move on. I'm a member of a lot of them. But rarely post on them.
    The High Road is the best, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I'm a Ruger collector. I found nothing worthwhile at the .com. The .net is just as bad. Full of trolls who hang out in the New User section, posting welcomes. Some have 1 year in with 5000 + posts doing welcomes. Oh, and posting "nice looking gun", and **** like that. Then the links to news stories. I guess those guys are everywhere.

Boolit Master
    Don't be so hard on them they are ruger owners their specal
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Boolit Grand Master

Don't go where you don't feel welcome. Take negative criticism realistically and move on.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Banned

left there years ago. To many that had some illusion that Ruger is some kind of a high end brand and that everything else is junk. They couldn't be more wrong on both points

Boolit Master
    Not even close. The Accurate Reloading forum wins for freedom hands down.
    Dont get me wrong, CB forum is great. But as far as being uncensored AR wins.
    East Tennessee

Boolit Grand Master

I never said uncensored. AR15 has valuable information but you have to wade through to many posts from operators to get to what you want.

Boolit Grand Master

It's almost as good there as AR15.Forum Those guys are stone cold life takers and heart breakers
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    left there years ago. To many that had some illusion that Ruger is some kind of a high end brand and that everything else is junk. They couldn't be more wrong on both points
    No, but Ruger's are dead tough and reliable. That is worth it's weight in gold to people that are not gentile on revolvers.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    No, but Ruger's are dead tough and reliable. That is worth it's weight in gold to people that are not gentile on revolvers.
    Now if they could only send one out the door that doesn't need to go back to be "finished". Their QC is abysmal. Won't have these issues w/ the revolvers Lloyd is referring to. But the cost of w try is much higher w/ them.

Boolit Master
    I am a ruger owner and shooter. I don't feel special. I also own colts and s&w. add in a few mauser96 lugers stars even have a astra. even have uberti saa. only ever had one problem that was with a uberti saa in .45 it grouped well but a foot to the left. had to make the tools to turn the barrel in.

Banned

they break too and quality control isn't top shelf. Ive had as many ruger firearms back for repair as any. I don't know how many rugers ive owned including rifles and handguns but its been well over 50. Ive had new vaquero come with the grove in the back strap cut very crooked. Some so sloppy they would have made good baby rattles. A number 1a that wouldn't fire because the firing pin was drilled so far off center. 77s that had a hard time keeping a group on the paper at a 100 yards. I'm not saying there junk. There a gun that is a good value for what they cost but there hardly a premium brand. Yes I will agree with you that as far as taking pressure goes there brute strong. An old Blackhawk will take some serious pressure and you cant hardly overload a redhawk. But there a far cry from a FA gun or a USFA gun and as much as I don't care for bfr's they have much better fit and finish then a ruger. Same with there rifles. IF YOU GET a good shooter which is pot luck they still lag behind Winchester 70s in fit and finish and Ive yet to get a bad shooting 70. Same with a 700. Id take a cdl rem over any 77. Fit and finish wize they may give a rem sps a run for there money but 9 times out of 10 that sps will outshoot a 77. Now a #1 usually is right ill give then that. Even though I had one bad one ive had at least a dozen great ones. But then there over 1200 bucks today and for that price should be. As to being dead tough and reliable. Yes and no. Like I said they are strong but ive broke parts on them too. Now keep in mind that I don't buy a handgun and put a 1000 rounds through it in its lifetime. Usually its WELL OVER that in a year. Many get that much in a month and being mechanical they can and will break like anything else.

Boolit Grand Master

This is all very strange to me. I've had over a dozen Rugers and never have had to get one fixed or adjusted. Maybe I'm just lucky

Boolit Master
    Probably not. I've had the same experience...good firearms.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Grand Master

Ruger forum dot com

This is all very strange to me. I've had over a dozen Rugers and never have had to get one fixed or adjusted. Maybe I'm just lucky
    How many have you bought since Sandy Hook? I've had to send five of six back since that happened. None of them should have left the factory. My experience is not an anomaly. There are many like me that have had to send them back.
    Last edited by dragon813gt; 10-02-2017 at 07:03 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast