Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionGraf & Sons
Titan ReloadingADvertise hereStainLess Steel MediaMidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: WTB:Thompson Center Percussion Breech Plug - Seneca, Cherokee or Patriot 13/16"

Boolit Master

WTB:Thompson Center Percussion Breech Plug - Seneca, Cherokee or Patriot 13/16"

I recently purchased a T/C "Seneca" from a member here and it is in transit - it is in 45 Caliber. I am in need now of a percussion breech plug for either a Seneca, Cherokee or Patriot as I plan to make a "drop in" barrel for it in 36 cal. (I have a 13/16 barrel that has been kicking around in my parts for a long time in .36 cal.).

This is a "hooked" breech plug for their "Patent Breech". It is my understanding that the Seneca, Cherokee rifles and the Patriot pistols all used 13/16" octagon barrels and the breech plug is interchangeable. I don't care if it is new or used as long as it is in good shape and usable - I will finish to match the drop in barrel.

I have looked on flabbay and not found any. Track of the Wolf used to carry them but they are out of stock and I doubt if they will get more.

If anyone has a breech plug laying around in their "parts/pieces"d that they want to sell, I'd greatly appreciate a PM.

Or, if someone can direct me to where I can buy one - I'd appreciate it very much. Numeric, etc. doesn't appear to have any.

Id I could find two of them it would be even better as I have a lead on a 13/16" 32 caliber that I would also convert in to a "drop in" which would give me a choice of 45, 36 or 32 calibers.

Thanks!

Jim

Boolit Master
    I'm still looking for a breech plug as described above.

Further research shows that TC made these particular models with either a 9/16" X 18 or a 5/8" X 18 thread. Either one would work as if I have to, I can cut and re-breech the barrel I want to use it on.

Many thanks.

I thought I had one but it turned out to be for an Encore/Omega

Boolit Master
    Mission accomplished.

Mods - please close. Thank you.