RotoMetals2Inline FabricationWidenersSnyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingRepackboxLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading

Thread: Gun show in Ashland wi this weekend (4/28)

Gun show in Ashland wi this weekend (4/28)

One of my favorites of the year . It’s pretty close to a 4 hr drive for me and worth it

Boolit Master
    Enjoy them while you can. I'm afraid gun shows will soon be a memory.

Quote Originally Posted by marlin39a View Post
    Enjoy them while you can. I'm afraid gun shows will soon be a memory.
    I will, its also my 36 th Bday !!! are you being pessimistic or is there legislaion being rumored? How soon is soon?

Boolit Master
    Thanks for mentioning this. I have a great friend I have known for 40 years that lives there. I just talked to him last night, but I am going to call him and remind him about it now that you mentioned it.

"If" I can swing it on such short notice, I may run up there myself. It is 200 miles one way for me. Worth the drive just to see Clayt, since I have not seen him since last Sept., so the gun show would be some icing on the cake.

Thanks again for mentioning it! & Have a Happy B-day!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Grand Master

The gun shows around me have been more than lackluster the last 10 years or so. I remember goigntonthem, being an all day affair with my father. Looking over milsurps, antiques, you name it. Now it’s a bunch of junk, with a few tables of modern stuff at rip off prices and just a waste of time.

A friend of mine JD has been trying. To get me to go to the yearly gun convention in the Ohio river valley if I recall. 2 large convention centers with one being collectibles and what not and the other being more modern. He likes to go and purchase European theatre stuff like helmets with battle damage and what not.

Boolit Master
    Leon County Florida (Tallahassee) has banned all private sales at gun shows or any other "publicly accessible property". It has also imposed a 3 day waiting period and background check requirements on all private sales, though I do not know how they intend to enforce it.
    Last edited by Bohica793; 04-29-2018 at 03:57 PM.
    Make no mistake -- They will remember how easily you surrendered your rights.

Boolit Master
    I attended every show in driving distance for many years. Over time the quality and quantity of the firearms being offered faded away, prices went insane, so these became more of an opportunity to re-connect with old friends. Now many of those old friends are no more and I have slowed my interest in the shows except for the occasional curiosity visit. These are still occasional good buys to be had, but one has to really search for them.

Boolit Master
    Three of us made a run over to the Monroeville, PA show over the weekend. First time I've been to that one and I was pleasantly surprised by the size of the show, but for $10 to get in it had better be sizeable.
    There were no 'bargains' to be had and we all left empty handed, though we probably have more than we really need already. Did see a kit gun muzzleloader in .36 but I don't need yet another front stuffer.
    Lately I've taken to going out a bit further and hitting the smaller shows.

Boolit Master

I go to Wanenmacher twice a year, it's a 2 hr drive each way for me. Sometimes I buy, sometimes I sell, sometimes I look. I always enjoy it. $10 to get in, and more tables than you can look at in 8 hours. Unbelievably large, if you haven't gone you should try to attend.

Other than that, I'll hit maybe a small show a year. That's it.