WidenersInline FabricationSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLoad Data
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything

Thread: curious ?

Boolit Master

curious ?

Just had a Phone call,a female American accent as follows."Currently you are the only person in this conference" this was repeated then silence.Any ideas is it something you may have come across in the USA.I am not paranoid but just curious as to the reason for the call.

Boolit Grand Master

Sounds like a conference call that went out and someone had the wrong number. I know when I have conference calls we either have an automatic call with prerecorded voice or I have to dial in in with an access code. If I'm the first one to call in it will say how many others are on the line, zero, one, ten, etc.

Boolit Master
    Thanks for that,I get a bit suspicious when unsolicited Phone calls come in.Best regards.

Moderator Emeritus

Run the number through Google and see if it comes up a scammer

Banned

wait a minute....
    American accent?
    come on now.

you gotta be a lot more specific, there's only like 30 of them.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by runfiverun View Post
    wait a minute....
    American accent?
    come on now.

you gotta be a lot more specific, there's only like 30 of them.
    Ha Ha Ha,actualy that came up in my thoughts when I was tapping out the note.You are absolutely right but it would take more than my ingenuity to recognise a specific accent.I can just about pinpoint some ie North from South but beyond that it would take someone from your side of the pond to detect the nuances.I would say that the accent was possibly North East (just a guess).I worked in the U S A in 1974 for 6 months (Green Card) Starting in Batton Rouge and up to Virginia and Philadelphia,Copper Hill Tennesee,Parkersburg west Virginia and up to Edmonton Alberta Canada.There where times when people would ask me to just say some words in my broad Derbyshire accent,ah those where the days.Regards.

Boolit Grand Master

30???? Here the accent can change from one side of town to the other.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Construction sites can be fun. The forms and rebar crews can't speak good enough Spanish to be sure what they've told each other because one speaks Nahuatl and the other speaks Portuguese. The engineers only speak English so really can only talk to themselves.
    rr2241tx
    Timin' has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.

Boolit Master
    Many years ago the late 50s,I worked for the BP Clyde Tanker Company,it transpired that I was the only Sacenach (English) person on board a ship full of Scots.It was during a Seamans Strike,I being an Engineer was exempt from the dispute as where the other Engineers and Deck Officers.The Crew where made up of those who in the past had been D Rd declined to report and would find it hard to get a ship to take them.They where from all over Scotland and a mixed lot of Finians and Prodies (Catholics and Protestants)Mayhem ensued during the Trip due to their differences.The differing Scottish accents where in some cases quite difficult to comprehend but after a few months I became quite adept at deciphering what they where saying.For instance a Tap Wrench was a Dwang a Hammer was a Pelti and so forth.The job took me all over much of the World with different Crews and Dialects for 5 years until I decided to be shore bound.Experiences that my mind drifts back to at times.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I'd almost be curious enough to hold the line to see if anyone else came on, and told them they were fired effective immediately. Take charge!
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by rr2241tx View Post
    Construction sites can be fun. The forms and rebar crews can't speak good enough Spanish to be sure what they've told each other because one speaks Nahuatl and the other speaks Portuguese. The engineers only speak English so really can only talk to themselves.
    Heck half the time we get about for different languages going on our job sites and us sparkies just yell at them going speak some f****** English or your not getting any power... seems to catch their attention real quicklike

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

I answered the phone once and a unknown female queried as to my location?
    Said she wanted to know if I was picking her up? It was an interesting call that ended well.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.