Load DataSnyders JerkyInline FabricationTitan Reloading
WidenersRepackboxReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision

Thread: Fence Pro T-Post Clip Tool

Moderator Emeritus

Fence Pro T-Post Clip Tool

If you build barbed wire fences with t-posts you know how difficult and hard it is on your hands to put the clips on the T-Post....I discovered this tool, while looking for good steel clips, and ordered several after I watched their video. I am in the process of moving a fence and had to take 5 clips off of 40 t-posts and this tool took the old clips off in about 40 minutes. Putting the clips on is just as easy....so if ya do barbed wire fencing you owe it to yourself to look at this $9.00 tool....it is worth the look and the try......DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT KNOW THE PEOPLE THAT MAKE AND SELL THIS PRODUCT....IT IS SIMPLY A BETTER MOUSETRAP THAT WORKS! Paul

Fence Pro T-Post Clip Tool (fpropay@fenceprotool.com) (903) 463-5265
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

Not bad, but I have been using this one for years, it is small though so it can get misplaced if not careful:
    https://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/fi-... Twisting Tool
    "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
    ~Pericles~

Boolit Master
    looks pretty nifty wish I had enough land to need barbwire!
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Boolit Master

slowly switching to all wood posts but still have a few miles of tee post fence, may have to get that for the wife to use, thanks.

Boolit Master
    Nice tool. Only thing I'd add is a lanyard hole at the handle.

Boolit Master

Ok, please rancher1913, tell me why switch from T to wood
    Thank you
    Mike

p.s. in googling this subject to not look like a total nada, one fella posted this.
    It this on the correct tract??

T-posts by themselves will not hold up to livestock, especially horses. The electric fence will help keep the horses off the fence but won't help if a horse gets spooked and tries to run through the fence. Put H-braces every 100 to 150 feet. Space your T-posts 12 feet apart. You can put about 4 T-posts in a row, then you'll need a wood post, then 4 more T-posts, a wood post, etc. In this scenario, the wooden post should be set in a 2 ft deep post hole that you dig, put the post in the hole, then tamp in dirt around the pole. You don't have to have concrete unless your soil is real soft. My dad's farm holds about 90 cattle with fencing I've described.
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Boolit Master

Wood posts are stronger, they hold up to the wind better and can take more livestock abuse but cost about triple over tee posts

Boolit Master

Thank you
    Mike
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Moderator Emeritus

this thread reminds me of...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    We had ten miles of fence on the farm which of course required regular maintenance as we had Holsteins and horses as well. Much was woven but we also ran barbed wire. I know well what you speak of with the clips and T posts. In our fence tools, we carried two things that were probably the most used. The first was a set of small "channel locks". Hook the clip on the wire and around the post, take the channel locks and grasp the straight hook portion and just give a twist up or down depending on how you put the clip on. It wraps it ice and tight - then reach over and crimp the hook on the other side.

The second thing was a "tool" we made that is probably the poor man's version of what is shown in the photo. We had a piece of flat strap iron - 1/8" thick X 1" wide and about 4" long. Near the end we drilled two holes - one that would allow #9 to slide in and one to allow #12. When making repairs, such as wrapping wire around an osage orange post on to woven wire fence, you could use that to twist the ends - did a perfect job and wrapped things tight.

Another tool we used a lot was a set of 12" bolt cutters. When taking old fence down, it was an easy job to clip the clips from the back side and with the channel locks, give the clip pieces a twist off of the post.

The worst piece of fence building we ever had to do was on a road fence. Dad had both a roll of woven wire fence that was new at a farm auction. He didn't realize that the entire roll was #9, not just the top and bottom wire. We set our dozer in line and hooked the fence machine to it and finally got it stretched like it should be and attached to the posts and end posts. It took a full day. My brother and I . . . and even my Dad . . . said "never again"! LOL It was a tough job. The next morning at about 1 a.m. our door bell rang and when we opened the door, there stood a man we knew with his son (he lived in town). He explained that his sone had been out driving around and had run off the road and through one of our fences. We all looked at each other and in unison asked, "Which one?". Yep . . . of course it was that section of all #9 that we had just finished up that day. At least the father had the sense and good manners to let us know and said he would take care of the expense for repairs. We were just glad that the kid was O.K. and not hurt and fortunately, there wasn't any livestock in the field that could get out.

buckwheat - good luck with your "de-fencing" - I know that can be as much work as building new. And watch out for the rusty wire! And no . . . I really don't miss all of that! LOL The livestock is now gone and I rent the tillable acres for crops. At one time, we changed all of our gateways so they were twenty-four foot openings - two 12' steel gates per opening. When we attached them to the railroad ties, we of course turned the screw in hinge pivot bolt sot that the top one was "turned down" to prevent the gate from being lifted off. Even with that, a few years later we had problems with gates being stolen during the middle of the night on our roadway gate openings - they'd bring their own big pipe wrenches, give the top hinge bolt a twist and off they went with the gates. We changed them to wider openings to ge able to get the larger equipment in easier. We finally gave up on some of the opines and just used a chain and padlock to keep the openings shut off to keep people form driving out in to the fields - a constant battle at times with kids and motor bikes or snowmobiles.

Moderator Emeritus

bedbugbilly, I can remember "just one more click" on the stretcher and suddenly you hear a snap and staples and clips start flying.....very humbling experience....be careful brother and keep the faith....Paul
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by buckwheatpaul View Post
    bedbugbilly, I can remember "just one more click" on the stretcher and suddenly you hear a snap and staples and clips start flying.....very humbling experience....be careful brother and keep the faith....Paul
    Too tight is two pieces?
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Quote Originally Posted by William Yanda View Post
    Too tight is two pieces?
    Oh yeah, same thing with a winch cable - never a good thing when you hear wire whistling thru the air.
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Master
    Hi JonB.Thanks for posting.Have`nt heard that cut in a long time.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

In Remembrance

I did a little fence work this year so my dogs could run a little more free and I used one of the tools Omega pictured.
    My thoughts were "hey this thing is great", but it sure could use a lanyard as jsizemore mentioned. I must've picked that thing up at least once for every pole.