RepackboxInline FabricationLee PrecisionReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLoad DataTitan Reloading
PBcastco RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It's gone!

Boolit Master
    Well, I went to the shed to load up some 9mm rounds, and dropped an empty primer box into the trash can. I looked and wondered what my Blackhawk holster container was doing in the can. I dug it out and guess what was in the container...... I must have thrown it away when I was still under the influence of those hospital drugs....I finished flaring and priming my brass and then came in and changed to the medium beaver tail....now to go to the range and see.

The reason I wanted to try the smaller size is about two years ago I bought a used Gen 4 model 17. It didn't come with anything but on magazine. It also shot like a laser. And I got to thinking that all of the 1911s I had did too, and they have thinner grips. Yup, the dim bulb glowed a bit brighter.... and as I'm medically retired, I have plenty of time if I feel up to it to head to the range.....
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Mold
    I dropped a box of .45's in the reloading room a while back. Only could find 49. The last one must be in the black hole with the back strap, round balls, chronograph......

Boolit Grand Master

I've found that as I get older that I try to develop habits that help. For instance, I only undress in one of two places, depending if I'm clean or really dirty and muddy. I empty my pockets in only those two places and then I take the contents of my pockets to the regular place. I have a buddy that continues to loose pocket knives and truck keys, the expensive ones with remote starter and such, because he has no pattern. I put my tools back where they belong when I finish using them. I just try to be conscious of things like this.

Boolit Master
    How do you lose a 2 foot pry bar? Never did find it....bought a new set of them...

Last weekend, I was working on the tractor in the shed and needed a tool from the garage. Walked 100 yds to the garage, and danged if I hadn't forgot what I needed. Wandered around a bit lookin' at stuff thinkin' maybe I'd remember . . .

Nope.

Back to the shed, took 1 look at what I was doin', . . . Ah, Yes! Back to the garage where . . . ... . . ?

I'd forgotten AGAIN.

SO. I pulled out a chair, got myself out a cold beer, and let that tractor sit.

Figured if I had that much stuff on my mind, that was the stuff I should be workin' on.

Boolit Master
    I have a dish in the dining room where I keep my keys. In the drawer under the keys is my flashlight, batteries for the flashlight and my hearing aids, my Ruger and spare mags. I'm rather ocd about my tools and reloading gear, when I'm finished the tool goes in it's designated spot. I don't know what possessed me to throw stuff in the trash. I still think it was some kind of hospital drugs..,
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

I swear door thresholds are mind erasers.
    Looking for USGI M1 and carbine rifle parts, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    Rooster I do think you have figured it out D Crockett

Moderator Emeritus

I put 50 rounds of fire formed 7-30 Waters brass out on my garage shelf then moved it to where I wouldn't forget it. Haven't found it in three weeks.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by FISH4BUGS View Post
    My significant other moves everything I own.....
    Isn't that the truth. Really. I can always figure where I last used, would have placed, or last saw something I now need. Until my wife puts it..... "where it belongs". Then it's an Easter egg hunt.

Informational note:
    Telling her, "It belongs where I put it", isn't the smartest thing to say. You immediately become more intelligent.

I've got 2 holsters that I can't find anywhere. If one of you find them would you let me know?

Ive never been one to have set place for much, but over past few years, ocd has set in. At least most of the time I can put my hands on it! Whatever it might be. Unless I got rid of it when I moved. Then I look for it for hours until I remember it's gone.

Boolit Buddy
    I've often wondered why I feel like I got in with bunch. Now I know.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    Last weekend, I was working on the tractor in the shed and needed a tool from the garage. Walked 100 yds to the garage, and danged if I hadn't forgot what I needed. Wandered around a bit lookin' at stuff thinkin' maybe I'd remember . . .

Nope.

Back to the shed, took 1 look at what I was doin', . . . Ah, Yes! Back to the garage where . . . ... . . ?

I'd forgotten AGAIN.

SO. I pulled out a chair, got myself out a cold beer, and let that tractor sit.

Figured if I had that much stuff on my mind, that was the stuff I should be workin' on.
    You know what's worse then this, to walk to the garage pick up the tool and go to the house with it and wonder why you needed the tool.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Three44s View Post
    Well, if you get pulled through that worm hole maybe Claudia Black (AKA Ayren Sun) will be on the other end, that would be a treat

Three44s
    Hear, Hear!
    Ditto!
    And, Oh yeah!

Boolit Grand Master

I now get to spend lots more time looking than doing. It's easier to ask somebody for help, cause they know where/can find my tools.
    Yesterday I remembered where my claw hammer was when I found the mayonnaise on the workbench, but then couldn't remember why I was looking for it.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Master

I know some of these posts are tongue-in-cheek and some are serious but both types are based on reality. My reality occurred a little over a year ago. After returning from a range session testing some loads, I couldn't find 2 extra cylinders for my Freedom Arms. I looked for about 2 months. Finally, decided to contact Freedom Arms about replacing them. They took the order and started work. Just before they were to notify me that they were ready to ship, I found the "lost" cylinders. Now I had 2 cylinders for .45ACP and .454 Casull(.45 Colt was in the gun). I worked out a deal with a custom smith to have the .45ACP cylinder rechambered to .45 Win Mag in exchange for the .454 cylinder.

That little episode of memory loss cost me right at $1K counting cost of new cylinders, shipping back & forth(gun had to go to FA for timing the new cylinders) even after getting a little boot for the .454 cylinder.

I have tried to be a little more organized since then but still lose things for a short time and still get a lot of exercise going back where I started from because I forgot what I went after.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Master
    yes it is the electric field of automatic doors that mess with the brain waves. then we get so used to it that when ever we go through any door we forget.

Most of my garage cleaning gets done because I lay something down somewhere and can't find it.

I've found the quickest way to find it is start cleaning up. So it's a '2-birds with 1 stone' kinda thing.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    Nope. Research is beginning to show that it is the shape of the door frame. Something about walking through a narrow rectangle does it.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast