Load DataLee PrecisionWidenersRepackbox
Inline FabricationPBcastcoTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fast and Fancy

Boolit Master
    I have owned this book for quite awhile, and enjoy it for reading about how different things are now than they were then.
    An interesting side note being that I grew up not far from Lewistown, and have an uncle that gave me a good bit of his shooting gear before he moved off the ranch. Among that were a bunch of pitch targets that "his uncle who was a trick shooter around Lewistown back in the day" gave him. He then went on to explain that this uncle of his was good... really good and could hit these aerial targets and never missed. So good, in fact, that S&W used to send him guns to test out! Wouldn't you know who that guy turned out to be?? So, if my uncle is telling the truth, I have a handful of targets made by McGivern himself, in the manner described in the book.
    Raisin' Black Angus cows, outta gas, outta money, outta tags, low on boolits, but full 'a hope on the Rocky Mountain Eastern Slope!
    Why does a man with a 7mag never panic buy? Because a man with a 7mag has no need to panic!

"If you ain't shootin', you should be reloadin' if you ain't reloadin' you should be movin', if you ain't movin', somebody's gonna come by and cut your head off and put it on a stick!" Words to fight by, from Clint Smith

I've had a copy of McGivern's book for years and it is an interesting read. His shooting abilities were WAY out of proportion to his diminutive size!
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Master

Size or build means nothing in shooting abilities.

Boolit Buddy

Read this book years ago, along with Sixguns by Keith.

In the hands of men like this, the revolver is FAR for obsolete. Life has, unfortunately, changed to the point where men do not grow up and spend time with guns like these men did.

I see them as an inspiration, as in their day, the wheelgun was front line combat equipment, and they were on the cutting edge of its use.

there are things in that book that people these days think is impossible.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12