Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Inline FabricationWidenersRepackboxLoad Data
Reloading Everything RotoMetals2

Thread: well its official Bass Pro shops now owns Cabelas

Vendor Sponsor

well its official Bass Pro shops now owns Cabelas

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2...te-merger.html

well its official Bass Pro shops now owns Cabelas

Bass Pro Shops and Cabela’s (CAB) put the finishing touches on their merger Monday, announcing the completion of a $4.2 billion deal to combine the two outdoor retailers.

Springfield, Missouri-based Bass Pro, which also owns boat maker White River Marine Group and outdoor-themed resorts, has said it will continue to run Cabela’s as a standalone brand.

“We are excited to unite these iconic American brands to better serve our loyal customers and fellow outdoor enthusiasts,” Bass Pro founder and CEO Johnny Morris said. “As we move forward, we are committed to retaining everything customers love about both Bass Pro Shops and Cabela’s by creating a ‘best-of-the-best’ experience that includes the superior products, outstanding customer service and exceptional value our customers have come to expect. We’re also deeply motivated by the potential to significantly advance key conservation initiatives.”

The companies first announced in October 2016 that Bass Pro would acquire the publicly traded Cabela’s Opens a New Window. , which has seen a decline in sales amid broader struggles in the retail industry. After initial hiccups to the agreement, Bass Pro and Cabela’s agreed to a lower sale price of $61.50 a share and arranged to split Cabela’s banking unit. Synovus Capital (SNV) reached a deal to buy the assets and deposits of World’s Foremost Bank, while Capital One (COF) is buying the credit card business.
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    I got the email a few days ago. I called my cabelas Visa card company back last October to make sure I wasn't getting boned out of the $500 with of club points I accumulated.

Cabela's prices will be through their 50' high roof in no time!

Last time I was in a Bass Pro, powder was nearly $40/lb for 1 lb containers. I left immediately without even looking at anything else. Last time I was in a Cabela's, the prices for 1lb containers were close to what I would call 'normal', or around $27/lb.

I guessing prices will follow those at Bass Pro, and not Cabela's.

Looks like I'll be buying my stuff online.

Boolit Master

I'll have to shop elsewhere if pricing follows bass pro. I quit Bass Pro about 20 years ago due to being able to find what I want about 25% cheaper at other retailers or online. I still go by a few times a year with the family, but we usually walk out without buying anything.

Boolit Grand Master

Was in the BPS in Tacoma and Cabela's in Lacey (20 miles south) a couple months ago. Prices were noticeably higher in the BPS for the same items. Cabela's prices were never the greatest but they did have a good selection and in stock items most of the time. I'm hoping BPS won't make Cabela's increase their prices but not holding my breath......
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Boolit Master
    I was in a bass pro shop one time. I lost nothing there so I will never have to go back. same with Wal-Mart. I will deal on line and the local mon and pop shops.

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    Cabelas was always much cheaper than Bass Pro. We have a Bass Pro near here and it has been much cheaper to order from Cabelas on every black powder gun I have ever bought, even with shipping. I can't remember Bass Pro having any sales on those items. Cabelas has revolver deals scattered throughout the year.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Master
    My biggest beef about BPS is their house brand junk. Their saltwater fishing house brand stuff is just plain junk, a waste of time.
    their powder is overpriced.

Boolit Master
    Yep another loss here for us, I imagine Bass Pro will raise Cabelas prices to match, no more 19.99 primer brick sales or decent prices on powder. My son really enjoys the fish tanks and stuffed displays so we wander around each of them quite a bit but I haven't found anything worth buying in awhile.

I generally just order online in bulk but it was nice to have a single lb of some powders to try instead of ordering a large jug and rolling the dice.
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Boolit Grand Master

The smart move would be to keep them the way they are. They have different customer bases. I'm not a fan of either store. But I've bought a good bit of guns from Cabelas. Was there at the right time and every now and then you can get deals on used guns. And unlike most retailers Cabelas didn't raise their prices post Sandy Hook or through the component shortage. They have never been the cheapest but their prices are stable.

Cabelas brought this on themselves w/ rapid expansion. The new combined company has to worry about the Field and Stream stores. Prices are cheaper then either Bass Pro or Cabelas. And the clothing is of almost the same quality. It's a shame what happened to the Cabelas brand clothing over the years. I wont buy any of it anymore.

Boolit Master

Yes this is a sad day for gun toting sportsmen. I almost never go into the local BPS. That said the Springfield MO store has a wonderful gun museum. It is worth going to see. Other than that BPS prices are always out of line of other shops. I have always enjoyed going into a Cabela's store when near one and have purchased a few items. I too am thinking that prices will go up both places now that BPS has effectively removed the "competition".
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Boolit Grand Master

It really is a shame. I have a Cabelas about an hour from me and enjoyed browsing around and looking through their gun library. Mostly overpriced but sometimes find a deal. I bought a new looking Kimber Gold Match (70 series) for right at $700 a few years ago. About $400 less than new and without the series II junk.

I have to say that I have never been in either store.
    All I ever need is on line, at the Kittery Trading Post (Kittery Maine), Renaissance Arms (Barrington NH) or Shooter's Outpost (Manchester NH).
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.