MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Inline Fabrication Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what next?

Boolit Master

what next?

I saw an ad on TV today that said if you have taken some such drug ( I forget the name ) and it caused you to go into complusive gambling to call the number on the screen, as you'd be entitled to a cash settlement. I almost fell off the couch laughing. What's next ?
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Mold
    Saw a commercial the other day about a doggy poop game, thought it was a joke until the wife confirmed it was a real game!

Boolit Master

Daytime TV is scary!
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Master
    Better than drugs, I guess.....
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Boolit Mold
    I hardly watch it anymore, but when I do I understand why a lot of folks are, lets just say "off".

Boolit Master

Do you listen to the side affects mentioned in so many of the drug commercials? I'm not so sure they are much better than the condition they are meant to treat!

Boolit Mold
    LOL, this drug cures acme---fine print, may cause sudden death!

Boolit Master

Acme ? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	proxy.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	41.5 KB 
ID:	204755LOL

But wait...."
    Whatever!

Boolit Master
    I know first hand that plavix will cause internal bleeding. I had to have three liters pumped from my abdominal cavity and the next day or two my stomach had to be cauterized.... cancer ain't for sissies..
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Boolit Master

I got a check from ATT for .44 cents. I take meds for joint pain.I have other meds that cause joint pain.I didn't think my knees needed any help.Yeah,sometimes the side effects are worst than what you are tryinfg to cure.

I found that celebrex works well for me.I ask the VA for it.Denied.But you'll give me ******? Seems to me that you will give me meds to create stiffness in one joint,but not take it out of another.He didn't see the humor in that.
    Pro Patria-Ne Desit Virtus

Boolit Grand Master

The best Drs. are just well-educated quacks. At best they give you a SWAG and hope you survive the side effects of the drugs or procedures they prescribe on the advice of the drug salesman.
    Thank goodness I've had a healthy life with only a couple cases of drug interaction or reaction, but I've seen drug reactions that were life-threatening.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    There are many good "Physicians" in this world who got in to medicine for the right reasons . . . . and there are many "Doctors" out there who got in to it for the wrong reasons. Doctors are not God, unfortunately, many of them have the dogs that make them think ethic are. It makes yo wonder just how many of these new "miracle drugs" are prescribed and they are unnecessary. I remember my cardiologist putting me on a cholesterol medication a number of years ago. He told me how good it was and how it would greatly improve my levels. Hmmmm . . . a month on it and I could hardly walk my legs hurt so bad - I was about ready to go pre-plan my funeral arrangements - and I'm serious about that. I stopped taking it and everything went back to normal. A couple of weeks later, I read an article in the paper about how the education was being over-prescribed and mainly because the prescribing doctors had investments in the drug company that came out with it. My next appointment with the cardiologist I sort of voiced my displeasure with the whole thing and told him I had stopped taking it and why. He just kind of shrugged his shoulders and said, "yea, some people react to it that way". Like I said, there are a lot of good doctors out there and there are a lot of bad ones. But if you think that the majority of the doctors, the AMA, the drug companies and the politicians all sleep in separate bedrooms, think again. They all share the same bed. And the lawyers, nothing more than ambulance chasers, who see the opportunity to make money on such things as the side effects of the drugs aren't much better . . . . they just change the sheets on the bed before they all curl up together for a nice nap.

I was in the hospital getting a toe removed. The doctor put me on some sort of pill to control the infection. After a day or so my joints hurt so bad I couldn't stand it The next time the nurse came in to change the IV, I wouldn't let her. She got all mad and almost forced me. Stood my ground. Had to explain to her and several doctors (about 6X) why and that I refused to take it. Only I Doctor came back the next day and said he looked it up and one of the side effects (in a limited number of people) was joint pain and the treatment was take the stuff off and try something else. By the way once I stopped them started feeling better.
    Rob

Good for you Rob. Best wishes as you move forward.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Boolit Master
    Only TV commercials I see are on HULU, as we're not hooked up to or subscribe to cable or satellite.
    A few months back I heard one of drug company commercials that listed "May cause suicidal thoughts and actions." as a possible side-effect. Wife and I joke about it now, "May cause mild death."
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Banned

that TV ad is for abilify.
    it also causes diabetes.

but it was used to treat schizophrenia and to control the very audible voices in the patient.
    pick one.
    remove the voices telling the patient to kill everyone around them.
    or complain about the side affects.

Boolit Master
    Yep,I found out many years ago that drs are just as big a liars,thieves and crooks as in any profession.Don`t mind speaking my mind to them either.One of them said show me some respect.I said when you start showing ME some respect.And you have to earn my respect as a dr and a person first,I don`t hand out respect on a silver platter just because you or anyone else has some fancy title attached to their name.That pretty much shut him down real fast.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tom W. View Post
    I saw an ad on TV today that said if you have taken some such drug ( I forget the name ) and it caused you to go into complusive gambling to call the number on the screen, as you'd be entitled to a cash settlement. I almost fell off the couch laughing. What's next ?
    one of them is[ requip]

The best Drs. are just well-educated quacks Totally disagree. Well educated mechanics. Yes, many make their $ from procedures and those don't always go well.
    Whatever!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast