RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingInline FabricationLee Precision
Reloading EverythingWidenersSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Battery Terminals

Boolit Mold

Battery Terminals

I know enough from lurking around here not to use lead from car batteries. What about just the terminal posts that werent subjected to a constant acid bath. My new buddy has a battery recycling place and I want to scrounge what usable product I can.

Boolit Master

The local recycler takes apart batteries that have lost their liquid, scrap yard will only pay for wet batteries. He saves all the major pieces for me, they melt just fine, sent some off to be tested but my buddy has not had time to test it yet

Boolit Grand Master

The post should be fine. Expect them to be soft lead.

Boolit Master
    Old Lead battery clamps, and even the Lead battery posts are nice.

Watch out for the new environmentally friendly Marine and Automotive Zinc battery clamps. I've seen Zinc ones for sale. They're out there, and eventually there's likely to be more of em too.

Zinc battery terminals

Zinc battery terminals are an environmentally friendly alternative to lead battery terminals. These types of battery terminals were designed as a result of environmental directives such as Proposition 65 and ROHS. Zinc battery terminals offer advantages over lead alloy type battery terminals. These advantages include increased electrical conductivity,[1] increased corrosion resistance, and reduces lead removal costs.

Check em just like you would wheel weights, use acid or side cutters. Zinc is very hard to cut with a pair dykes, Lead isn't so much.

- Bullwolf

Boolit Grand Master

Zinc terminals? Thats a new one on me. Thanks for the info. I don't mess with batteries, just not worth it to me. I do save the cable ends. They are all over the place in composition. I have found a few brass ones off of heavy equipment.