MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingInline FabricationLoad Data
RotoMetals2WidenersSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Lee Precision Repackbox
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite lever action rifle and favorite game to hunt?

Boolit Master

Funnest Rossi 357 trapper, best Rossi 45LC 26"
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Pietro- that's a nice 99 and Bowie! The drill&tap police will be looking for you, though......

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Thanks, but I bought it like that - D/T'd, paint blotches & sticker adhesive all over the stock & metal, broken front sight blade, etc, etc.

Due to the poor condition, I was able to buy it for chump change @ Cabela's.

Once I got it home, it took me all of a half-hour to clean/restore it.

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

My .357 1894 - stops anything on my Missouri farm to 100 yds except the cows. Even the occasional mountain lion (seen, not shot). It's my go to gun.

Bucket list includes a Savage 99 in .308, .243 or maybe 250-3000.

Don't care what MDC says, there is a permanent mountain lion population in northern MO. But at least we don't have hogs.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

My favorite is a trusty Marlin 444. White tail, Nilgai and hogs are the menu items.
    Liberalism is the triumph of emotion over intellect, but masquerading as the reverse.

I don't know how we ever shot maximum loads before P/C come along and saved us all. R5R

"No mosque in the United States flies an American flag."

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

My Browning BLR in .308 was my proven deer rifle, but now in a straight wall cartridge only state. Hoping to blood my .357 Rossi 92 this season.

Boolit Grand Master

I collect old Winchesters so one of them generally gets the nod when I go hunting. If the situation calls for a scoped rifle I'll often opt for a Marlin or maybe a Savage. I really enjoy hunting hogs but I'll settle for a deer now and then.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Mold
    Love my Marlin 1894CB in 45 colt. Very accurate with Lyman 452424 and Unique. Great woods deer rifle!

Steve B.

Boolit Master
    Savage 99 358 - Elk

Quote Originally Posted by MostlyLeverGuns View Post
    Savage 99 358 - Elk

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I have an old Winchester that I found in a abandoned foundation, have never fired it, to say its rusty would be an uber understatement,maybe tis winter I will throw it in the beader cabinet and give it some love,its a 94 looks like might be 30-30, will make a good project gun oddly enough when I poked out the mud daubers the barrel didn't look to bad.

I have a few Levers, 4 Marlins that are nice guns but they were made between 1950 and 1970.
    I get a bigger kick out of hunting with the older ones. If I had to pick my favorite lever for deer
    hunting it would be my old 1895 Win in 30/06. Attachment 204793

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bzcraig View Post
    Funnest Rossi 357 trapper, best Rossi 45LC 26"
    Both my Rossi's are as good as any I've used (357 and 44/40), after slicking them up with Kiowa Jones help; then the 1970's Marlin 30-30 (hasn't even had a box of 20 down the bore). For pure fun my Browning BL-22 can't be beat.

Boolit Grand Master
    My favorite lever these days is a 111 year old Savage 1899 in 303 savage. I have had it out several years now looking for deer, but it has yet to make its bones.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]205038Winchester '92 SRC .32 WCF used to hunt any disagreeable vermin, gray squirrels our specialty!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Winchester 1892 .32 W.C.F. 115 gr LFP @ 1260 fps   6-1-2017.jpg  

Banned
    30-30 win in a m94. it was made in the '50s

Boolit Master
    I'm partial to Savages. My favorite is a custom 1899H I built from accumulated parts- with two barrels, a .22HP and .303 Savage. The next project is also a Savage: I acquired an 1899 Model .250-3000 (all were takedowns, made from 1915 to 1919, and debuted the .250 cartridge), minus the barrel but with the complete beautiful action, perch belly pistol grip stock, and the all-important complete fore end. If I can't find an original shootable barrel, I'll just fit a spare .30 blank to it and chamber it for .30-30 as a primarily cast bullet shooter.

My favorites are definitely the M1899H TD carbines. I have 6 of them now, including 3 .22HP's- good for squirrels through deer, depending how I load for them. Lyman 30½ tang sights reside on each one.

https://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co....909_103018.jpg

at the moment Marlin GG .45/70 subsonic on Fallow Deer n Goats

Banner Sponsor

My favorite lever gun is a Rossi M92 24" octagon, stainless, 45 Colt. It has never had a fail to feed or hickup of any kind.
    My favorite game to hunt is Elk, but for Elk with a lever gun, it would be either a Win BB 375Win, or 1895 405Win. I have killed many Elk with my trusty ol 06', but have never had a shot when carrying the 375

Moderator Emeritus

My BLR pre 81 in 308 has killed Deer, Elk, Moose, Antelope, Coyotes and Jackrabbits. More Whitetails than anything else.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast