Titan ReloadingInline FabricationLoad DataReloading Everything
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Repackbox
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What is your favorite lever action rifle and favorite game to hunt?

Boolit Bub
    My favorite is a marlin in 357. Fav0rite game is white tail deer..........

Banned
    My favorite is a Marlin 41 mag for wild hogs.

Boolit Buddy
    Favorite levergun--.44 Marlin Cowboy.

Favorite game to hunt, probably mule deer using a Marlin Cowboy in .38-55.

Boolit Buddy
    Mine's a 40/60 chaparral,,26" oct.barrel,,flip-up open sight ,,shoot both TB,,4198,,210gr,& 245gr ,,CB,,"favorite game",,paper or steel,, target's,,i try to shoot'm "right in the eye". coffee's ready.

Later,,,,Hootmix.

My only lever action at present is a 70s vintage winchester 94 30-30. I had a marlin 1894 before that I really enjoyed. I'd like another, but I'll end up getting one in 44 mag when I do most likely. We cant hunt small game like squirrels with center fire here in ky. I havent ever handled one, but I sure like the look of the 71s in 348 winchester.

~Bazoo

Boolit Grand Master

It's a toss up between my 1895C and 1895GG (.357 and 45/70 respectively). I use the both for hogs and goats and just depending on my mood of the day one or the other will jump in my hand as I leave the house.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

My 94 Winchester, made in 1942, barrel is stamped 30 W.C.F. ( 30 Winchester center fire ) has patina on the receiver in the shape of someone's hand,you can clearly see how (some ranch hand?) Carried this rifle often, it's a fun shooter, and best part is......my wife scored it for me (from a friend) for $400 ......gave it to my as a Christmas present a few years back.

Aaron

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Marlin36.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	23.8 KB 
ID:	208825

Right now my favorite lever action rifle is my 1947 Marlin Model 36.
    It was in pretty sad shape when I got it. Had rust on the bluing and the stock had been shortened and some one added a ugly red shotgun recoil pad on it and used floor stain on the stock. It had some places where it had wood filler on it also.

Sanded it down and then cleaned it with paint thinner so many times I lost count trying to leech out the stain it had been soaked in. I applied 7 hand rubbed coats of Tru oil and added a Black Recoil pad. Replaced the loading gate which had a wallowed out screw hole and gently got all of the rust off of the bluing.

She is buttery smooth and has a fantastic trigger. Just started shooting it so looking forward to working up some loads for it. And deer would be my favorite hunting.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Marlin36_640.jpg  
    " My people skills are just fine. It's my tolerance for idiots that needs work."

Boolit Bub
    I had a Marlin 336 in 35 Rem. Loved it, but I sold it as I wasn't hunting deer much at the time.

Boolit Master
    My favorite game is hogs, because they taste great and having no closed season and no bag limit helps too. As to favorite lever rifle, I really don’t know. My most used over the years is a Winchester 1894 in .30-30, but I use several others ranging from Rossi ‘92s in .357 Mag, .44Mag, and .45 Colt, to Marlins in .30-30 and .45-70. Just depends on what I feel like that day and what ammo I happen to have plenty of.
    I passed my last psych eval, how bout you?

In Remembrance
    My favorites is a toss up between Savage 99 and Winchester 88. The Savage 99 is 250-3000 and Win 88 are 243 & 308. Deer is main big game followed by elk.

I would have to say that my Henry 44mag would be my favorite lever gun what do I like to kill with it wild pigs D Crockett

Lately due to the colder weather I've taken to carrying my Winchester 1894 in 30WCF on the walk to my mailbox,
    where I live this universally fails to raise and eyebrows, I live on "Gun Club Road" and the road is appropriately
    named.
    Why I do so, is because we have a neighborhood bear, which I've only seen rapidly receding backside on Garbage night.

As long as it runs away it is in no danger from me, but the day it doesn't run I'll kill it dead, Dead, DEAD!!!
    I know you cannot run from a black bear and trying to climb a tree to get away from one is a fools task, and I neither have any climbable trees,
    nor could I climb them anyway Since I had a minor stroke three years ago....

Boolit Master

Marlin 218 Bee.
    Shooting sage rats....dale

Boolit Master
    My 35 Marlin is my favorite, it has taken a couple deer.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    I love hunting whitetails with my 1967 Marlin Glenfield 30 stoked with 30 grains IMR 4064/150 grain Sierra Pro-Hunter. It's the cheap lever action that shoots like a quality bolt gun!
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master
    My favorite lever action is simply my one and only, a Henry BBS in 45 colt. Hope to take a deer with it soon.

My Henry Steel Big Boy in 44 Mag - I can snipe clays and empty beer cans at 50 yards with pretty good accuracy!

Pre 1948 Marlins... 30-30, hogs.
    160-170 grain cast bullets...SAECO #316, RD 165, Lyman 31141.
    Reloader 7 or 3031...see manuals.
    Salvaging old Marlins is not a pasttime...it's a passion

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234