Load DataWidenersLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Pet prayer request

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar

Pet prayer request

OK this is a first for me , although I have prayed for others pets I never asked for prayer myself . If you can mention Hershey in your prayers . He came from a shelter and belonged to a lady with Alzheimer's in a rest home . When she could no longer take care of him he was old and no one wanted him . So guess who took him ...yea me .

I take all three of my dogs to the shop every day and they just lay around waiting for someone to show up with a burger sack at noon . Hershey started coughing about 2 this evening and blood pouring out of his nose and mouth , happened all at once .I tried to access him but could not figure out what the heck was happening . Took him to the vet , they thought one or two of his teeth had gotten loose and punctured his sinuses . He was barely able to breathe choking on blood . There was no time to knock him out so I held him and the vet pulled the teeth .

They want to keep him overnight to monitor him . I called back at 5 and they said the bleeding had slowed but might have to give him blood . I still keep him registered at the nursing home and take him to see this lady though she doesn't remember him anymore . He is the dumbest dog I ever had , he is totally devoid of a brain but is affectionate and follows me everywhere .

He is the one on the far left .

No turning back , No turning back !

Aw, Praying for Hershey, poor little guy. Charlie, you are blessed with a big heart, you ole softy.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

It always amazes me how much love these critters give us. I just got in from playing with my dogs. Saying a prayer for Hershey.
    I'm a Happy Clinger.

Casey and I are both praying for him Charlie!

In Remembrance

Praying for Hershey. My niece made a comment about dogs today that I will share.
    She said that a dog has unconditional love for us. We may whip or otherwise discipline a dog and it will still come to you and give you love. If a dog can do this, How much more did Jesus love us? We mistreat Him by our disobedience but He still forgives us and love us unconditionally.
    Tennessee Hunter Education Instructor

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to
    restrain the people; it is an instrument for the
    people to restrain the government-lest it come to
    dominate our lives and interests"
    Patrick Henry

I thank you for your prayers . Vet said he is better and might get him tomorrow . He is weak but the bleeding stopped , him being old they wanted to keep him quiet and are giving him shots to keep the bleeding from starting again (don't know what kind of shots ) . Prayer is working . Thank you !

Praying for the little guy, at least until he gets home to his buds.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Prayer is a gift , if you do not use it then it is wasted . We CAN make a difference .

Matthew 7;7-8
    7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
    8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

Matthew 21;7-8

And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    Prayers for Hershey. .... even from a cat guy. I hope he gets well soon.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Praying for Hershey - shots are probably vitamin K to help clotting - you might mix a little dark leafy (spinach works well) in with his food when he comes home.
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

That's actually a good idea Artful ! And believe it or not I made collard greens yesterday ...still got some left over . Thank you .

Banned

I might be the exception but Id sooner pray for a dog as I would a lot of people I know. I will definitely say one for your little guy. I don't think anywhere in nature does God put more love into a living thing then he does a dog.

The vet let me pick Hershey up this evening . He acts tired but ate good , got antibiotics to give him for 10 days and vet said to keep him quiet. I want to thank everyone again for asking for help for him , he is still with us . He is sleeping in a chair next to me , I woke him up to take this picture and he's already back to sleep .

Glad he's home. What cutie pie. He needs a kissy right on that head of his.

Good news is good to hear!

Hang in there Hersey - eat your greens
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Gave him some with canned dog food , all my dogs like greens...I put a lot of bacon in em .

Banned

give him a kiss on the head for me.