MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataWidenersRepackbox
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything

Thread: Making Lube and Lube Moulds Video

Making Lube and Lube Moulds Video

For anyone interested, this past spring I made a 2 pound batch of lube using 50/50 Alox 350/beeswax and decided to make a video of how it's done - including a simple way to make moulds for producing the lube sticks. Here's the video:

Boolit Master
    Don, Very nicely done. I even enjoyed the music with it. I had ordered a bunch of lube sticks from white label just before the posting of 45/45/10 and Ben's red. If and when I use all of it I will make some stick molds and bag a bunch of my homemade lube.
    Great job, thanks fer posting this.

Mike

now the question is do you have a easy way to get the lube out of the molds ??? D Crockett

As shown in the video, using a cooking spray on the inside of the tubes makes removing the sticks from the molds really easy. I also put a 1" washer in the bottom of the mold, pour the lube and put another washer on the top. When hard I remove the caps, pull the dowel and use a 1" wood to push the lube stick out of the mold.
    Thanks for the video, Don. I hadn't thought of using a muffin tin to catch mis-poured lube. I put my lube sticks in zip-lock bags and store them in the freezer.

Toymaker, I just use a Aluminum tube( don't remember exact Diam. )cork one end vertically clamp it to my work bench & pour the lube into it, after it solidifies I put it in the Freezer using a 3/4" dowel rod I run Hot water over the Aluminum & push the lube out, then cut it to lenght for my Saeco, Fivefang