Titan ReloadingInline FabricationWidenersReloading Everything
RepackboxLoad DataRotoMetals2Lee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: 1903(Not A3) Springfield Scope Mounts

Boolit Master
    Dodge Co. GA. Between the Ocmulgee and Little Ocmulgee rivers.

1903(Not A3) Springfield Scope Mounts

I recently bought an 03 Springfield. It came with a Lyman 2.5x All Weather Alaskan scope. I want to swap to a modern mildot, variable power scope. I'm looking for mounts that will use the bases that are there. I can't use the rings that came with it. It is drilled for the Lyman target sight. I figure it was probably a National Match rifle, since it was made in 1926. The stock has a beautiful grain, but has been cut down, the barrel has been bedded with acraglass, and it has a redhead recoil pad. I may replace the stock with a broken 03A3 straight stock. I am not wild about bedded barrels, and I prefer a straight grip, and shorter pull. I am tempted to make a base and attach it to the wood with four small woodscrews. Thanks in advance. Love the scope, by the way. The only problem is it doesn't like dusk or early morning dim light.

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk

US Govt mantra: If it's moving tax it. If it's still moving regulate it. If it stops moving subsidize it

Boolit Master
    I would like to find a mount like this. What brand is it? Where do you find them?

US Govt mantra: If it's moving tax it. If it's still moving regulate it. If it stops moving subsidize it

Banned
    It's a Redfield mount especially made for the 03A4 back when. Still in production using turn in rings.

For a real 03 Redfield and Leupold make a 1 piece base for the turn in rings.

Many people make a Pickanny rail for 03's --- you don't want one, no windage.

If you wish to sell your Lyman and rings or stock, pls PM me.

Banned
    There is a Redfield mount especially made for the 03A4 back when. Still in production using turn in rings.

For a real 03 Redfield and Leupold make a 1 piece base for the turn in rings.

Many people make a Pickanny rail for 03's --- you don't want one, no windage.

If you wish to sell your Lyman and rings or stock, pls PM me.

Boolit Master
    What sort of bases are currently installed?If they're still manufactured all you need is another set of rings.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by KenT7021 View Post
    What sort of bases are currently installed?If they're still manufactured all you need is another set of rings.
    M.L Stith. These are antique bases and rings. If anyone knows of any 1" rings that will fit these, please point me in the right direction.

Last edited by jimkim; 09-23-2017 at 09:30 PM.

Banned
    You're SOL for 1" rings to fit that mount BUT I'll be happy to buy them and the scope.

The best thing is the Redfield/Leupold mount and rings I mentioned before.

Boolit Master
    you can work the rings brownell is best place to look

Banned
    Stith mounts are unique and long discontinued. NO other rings will work. I own several Stith mounts. Aside for the rare expensive ones for Savage 99s, nobody cares and Brownell has nothing that will work..

Boolit Master
    Thanks. Gonna hold on to all the parts that came with it.