Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Reloading Everything Wideners

Thread: Help with calculations

Boolit Master

Help with calculations

I goofed today and mixed 155lb of 2%Sn, 4%Sa, 94%Pb. I meant top mix 6%Sa. I'm using pure Sn pure Pb and 30% super hard Sa from Roto.

I have tried to get the calculator to work in Excel and on google share no go.

How much super hard do I need to mix into my 155lb to get 6%Sa?

Banned

3 lbs of antimony.

Boolit Master
    Right now you have about 1.94% tin (SN), 4.06% antimony (Sb) & 94% PB. 13 more lb super hard will get you 1.79% tin, 6.07% Antimony & 92.1% Lead. You can also add about 1/2 lb tin to bring your tin up to 2% antimony would be 6.05% & lead 91.9% for a total of 168.5lbs alloy.
    You may also want to download Apache open office to get your calculator to work. It's free and works like MS office.

Boolit Master
    I have open office on my lap top. The main house computer is administered by my programmer spouse and has MS office on it. The two can interred with dad.ch other.

Thank you for running the numbers.

Boolit Master
    Without intending to send this thread in another direction, could someone tell me what "Sa" stands for? I'm clear on the "Sn = Tin & Sb = Antimony", but the "Sa" monicker evades me.
    For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. Ecclesiastes 1:18
    He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool become servant to the wise of heart. Proverbs 11:29
    ...Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Matthew 25:40

Carpe SCOTCH!

Banned

he meant Sb and just missed it.

Boolit Master
    Okay, the best that I could come up with was that it was an abbreviation for someone's proprietary mix added to harden softer alloys (i.e., Super alloy). Thanks. The clarification helps.
    For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. Ecclesiastes 1:18
    He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool become servant to the wise of heart. Proverbs 11:29
    ...Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Matthew 25:40

Carpe SCOTCH!

Boolit Master
    Fumble fingers on my phone.