RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyWidenersReloading Everything
Lee Precision Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GP-100 44 special vs 696 44 special vs 69 44 Mag

Boolit Master

Last edited by Three-Fifty-Seven; 04-28-2020 at 10:18 AM.
    John 3: 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Boolit Master
    I couldn't wait until I received my Patridge front sight replacement from S&W, so I take my recently returned Model 69 down to my range for a workout. All shooting was 5 shot groups done from sandbags on a bench and the targets were 25yards. First group was with 9.0g of Green Dot and a Lee 200RNFP@210g,sized .429. Velocity was 1021fps with an SD of 26. Group size was 2.9"(4 were in 2.1")
    Next group was with an MP 433-640L round hollow point sized .431, and weighing 225g, loaded in front of 7.1g of Trail Boss. Velocity was 803fps with an SD of 11. Group size was 3.5"(4 were in 1.6")
    I'm beginning to wonder if I have "a bad chamber hole". Next group was with a Lyman 429421 sized .430 and 252g with 7.1g of Trail Boss. Velocity was 760fps and SD of 6; but the group MEASURED .622" and were all in one hole!!! Goes to show, even an old blind phart can find a good group sometimes! To prove it wasn't a fluke, I shot the same load again, and this time my group was a more normal 2.2".
    So far I'm real happy with my newest .44 revolter!
    It's all chicken, even the beak!

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Minuteshaver View Post
    Well if its that bad, and it sucks really, ill be happy to take it off you for the cost of postage.

How kind of you to offer, but I could not impose on you with this burden.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Master
    I have two Smith M69's. My barrels stay clean, very clean And I have shot 21 gr 2400 with 1-16 bullets down to 7 gr Unique with the Keith. Soft, medium and hard bullets and have had no,problems.
    Have become my favorite revolvers. A 4.2 and a 2.75 inch with the 2.75 inch shot the most.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 44MAG#1 View Post
    I have two Smith M69's. My barrels stay clean, very clean And I have shot 21 gr 2400 with 1-16 bullets down to 7 gr Unique with the Keith. Soft, medium and hard bullets and have had no,problems.
    Have become my favorite revolvers. A 4.2 and a 2.75 inch with the 2.75 inch shot the most.
    That's encouraging to hear. I may need to go to the LGS and have a look.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12