Lee PrecisionInline FabricationSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Titan ReloadingWidenersRotoMetals2Repackbox
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photobucket Fix

Banned

Photobucket Fix

Apparently Google Chrome and Foxfire have found a way to access the photos that Photobucket.com does not now allow you to post to 3rd party sites anymore without paying a high price.

"In the cases where former/current PhotoBucket users haven't deleted all their albums, Chrome and Firefox now have an extension, Photobucket Embed Fix, that will display 3rd party hosted images. It will fix all your broken pics, no need for you to do anything, it runs entirely in the background.

Click Tools>Add-Ons (Or press CTL+Shift+A) >select Extensions > enter "photobucket embed" in the Search box (upper right corner) > then click the install button."

Boolit Master
    Thanks for the photobucket tip. I did as you suggested using Firefox and it works great. All my photos and and all others that have not been deleted from photobucket are now visible as normal. I went to the Castpic of the month forum and all the photos are back.

If you have not already done so this needs to be posted in our town forum so that every member will see it.Thanks again........Terry

Boolit Grand Master

I deleted all my pics off their server. Many others did the same thing. This "fix" can't keep the pics working forever. I think it's great that they're working now but it will be for a limited time.

Boolit Bub
    I just downloaded all my pics and deleted my PB account. They can kiss my ***.
    Last edited by HATCH; 10-01-2017 at 01:13 PM. Reason: language filter violation

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by TCFAN View Post
    Thanks for the photobucket tip. I did as you suggested using Firefox and it works great. All my photos and and all others that have not been deleted from photobucket are now visible as normal. I went to the Castpic of the month forum and all the photos are back.

If you have not already done so this needs to be posted in our town forum so that every member will see it.Thanks again........Terry
    I quoted the OP, and put this info in a new FAQ thread, along with my experience with Google Chrome.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...hotobucket-FIX
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

I use Opera, and there is an extension that works for it as well. Sweet!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    I deleted all my pics off their server. Many others did the same thing. This "fix" can't keep the pics working forever. I think it's great that they're working now but it will be for a limited time.
    That's exactly what I expect also - best to remove photos and move somewhere else. Photobucket still works for me since I only have a few photos there. I now use https://ibb.co/ which seems to work better than PB ever did.

Heh, I wish I could figger out how to delete it all on photobucket.

Boolit Master
    Hey!!! How can I be da man when you da man!!!
    Tried it and can now view all my old images. Thanks.

Boolit Master
    Thank you for sharing that. I was & prolly still will remove my photos to another site, but until then this is a nice option.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Banned

Did you fellows forget about Hunt101.com They do free hosting and believe they may be older then Photobucket.

Boolit Master

Thanks for the fix! As an IT professional I'm not computer illiterate but I don't understand why people put their photos on third party hosting sites anyway, especially firearms related photos. I just post directly to CastBoolits or other sites of which I'm a member. Guess I like to keep my life at least a little private.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Moderator Emeritus

I started using photobucket because Castboolits limits the number of uploaded photos.
    and I've used it on other forums with no photo hosting capabilities.
    I don't have my own website, so I needed to use a third party host.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”

Banned

You can also store your pics, and files, on either Microsoft OneDrive or Google Cloud. That makes them a little more difficult to upload to a forum such as Castboolits.

Moderator Emeritus

I still haven't figured out which direction I will go...I'll probably just post fewer or no photos.

I haven't purposely used it yet, but my new computer with WIN 10 automatically uploads all my new photos to OneDrive.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In Remembrance
    I went to PB and downloaded the pictures I wanted to save back to my computer. Some I posted to Flickr, others I just post to the forum I am using.
    NRA Life
    NMLRA Life
    F&AM

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    I haven't purposely used it yet, but my new computer with WIN 10 automatically uploads all my new photos to OneDrive.
    You didn't turn that feature off. I don't allow automatic anything when it comes to computers/smartphones. Especially when it involves cloud services.

Why did we use Photobucket? At last count I think I'm a member of over thirty forums. A lot of them are vehicle and gun related. Uploading pics to every site, if they allowed it, would be quite burdensome. It's much easier to post to a site like PB so can simply post them on every site. All of the sites have security settings. Your pics are only public if you want them to be.

Boolit Master
    can I assume that those who are having issues with photo bucket are not using a desk top computer?

Moderator Emeritus

I use a desktop computer...don't have a cell phone
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Banned
    its not a computer/phone issue but photobucket BLOCKING your pictures for a ransom price of $500 per year in order to share your pictures on forums/websites.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast