Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Repackbox Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well the drought s offically over!

Boolit Master

Regarding the gun show guys still trying to sell their $69 .22lr bricks; years ago I would occasionally help an FFL dealer friend with his tables at gun shows. He explained why he thought so many gun show people have the same old overpriced stuff show after show, year after year. Some people get caught up in how much money they "have into" something. "I can't sell it for less, I have more than that into it."

He explained what is obvious to most but beyond the grasp of some people: what you have "into" something you have to sell is completely irrelevant. It's only worth what someone is willing to pay so if you have too much into it, you're better off just selling it for what you can get and using that money to buy something you can sell and make a profit on.

Should be basic business 101, but so many of us often end up married to what we "have into" something.

Banned
    I started shooting again in 2015. Hadn't shot a gun before that since the early 80's. Just wanted to do some plinking. Tried to find a cheap 22 rifle for the fun (this is in 2015 now mind you) Everybody tried to talk me out of buying a 22. I got one anyway at Wallmart for $99. A Mossberg 702 Plinkster. Then my brother gave me his old Remington 514 bolt action single shot (which I prefer to the semi auto) When I couldn't find ammo my brother gave me 3 or 4 old boxes of 50. They still had the $.99 price tags on them. So I figured that I would just reload my own. That started my quest. And now about 2.5 years later, I can load my own for less than a penny per. (maybe a little over a penny, I forget) And not those kind that require buying a kit for $100. I made all my own tools. Plus I have discovered some pretty nice little secrets about getting performance from these little rimfire puppies. I am now working on a case modification that will handle higher pressures. I started getting case blow outs at 1600 fps on a 40 grain bullet. I want cases that will hold that kind of performance. Oh and they are powder coated to boot. So there. They can charge what ever price they want and I don't mind.
    Last edited by Traffer; 09-30-2017 at 04:01 AM.

Boolit Master

I just picked up a 550 round box of Federal .22lr at Walmart for $22.78. The shelf was full of them. That comes to 4.1 cents per. If I wasn't pinching pennies tight right now I'd be thinking about stocking up for the future.

Banned
    Yup, several places have em less than a nickel a round around here now. Makes me feel so bad for those poor hoarders who are trying to unload their hoards for 10 cents a round now. bwaaahahaahahahaa

Boolit Grand Master

Yep ! They got caught trying to stick it to us, and got stuck themselves. My Grandpaw always said, "What goes around comes around".
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by mozeppa View Post
    heh.... i still have 22's in their pack of 50 boxes that are labeled 49 cents.
    GOSH, you must be as "old as I am"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12