Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionRepackboxRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Wideners Titan Reloading

Thread: Smith and Wesson Customer Servic is A+

Moderator Emeritus

Smith and Wesson Customer Servic is A+

Bought S & W Model 48-2 several years ago and never shot it very much due to the non-existent ammo.....got to shoot it last week and discovered one of the brass was split from the mouth to about the midpoint of the brass.....thought it was a bad run...so went and thoroughly cleaned it and today I shot the revolver (with the same brand of ammo - Winchester 40 gr. HP) one shot at a time and discovered one cylinder ruptured 8 out of 9 times and the other 5 cylinders were perfect.....so I called Smith and Wesson Customer Service' was on hold for 30 seconds; and on the line with the technician for about 20 minutes as I explained exactly what was going on with the weapon and what I did to find out which cylinder was fouling up. The technician listened to me and he then told me that he would send me a prepaid label to return the weapon to them for service. Sure enough the label showed up on my email and tomorrow the weapon is in route to S & W for inspection and repair....I cant tell you how impressed I was with the professional and wanting to help attitude that I got from the technician.....

Will post the updates as they occur....just wanting my Model 48 back in the fold....it is wickedly accurate!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    I`ll go along for the ride.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Boolit Master

Good luck
    Interested!!
    Mike
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Boolit Master
    I had a S&W 14-6 that I bought new 19 years ago.That revolver never had a factory load shot in it,nothing but 3.2 grs of Bullseye and a 148 gr. wadcutter.It was very accurate for the 19 years that I had it and shot thousands of rounds through it.The last day that I had it out shooting targets it started spitting lead and would not stay on the paper at 25 yards.

I E-mailed S&W and told them what the gun was doing and they replied quickly that they would need to see it and a shipping label would be E-mailed to me.I sent the gun in and they phoned me a few week later and said that it was not repairable and that since it was covered by their Life Time Warranty I could choose any hand gun I wanted to replace it.This took me completely off guard.All I wanted was a revolver to shoot bullseye targets with so I picked a 686 6 shot 6 inch that has proven to be every bit as accurate as my old 14-6. The tag that came with the 686 said that it was made on a Wednesday
    and I got the following Friday. I am very much a S&W fan......

Boolit Master

This is GREAT news. I have always been a fan of S&W, threw thin and thick times. Thanks for letting us know.
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Boolit Master
    I hope you found a way to "mark" the errant chamber so the tech could get right to the issue at hand. That said, I suspect the factory will examine, measure, test fire, etc every chamber in that cylinder. Isn't it a pleasure to own a firearm where the maker guarantees their work for more than a year, and to whom ever is the current owner. Nice.

Boolit Master
    Wait till you get the bill and see if you feel the same. Buddy just got back his 39 from having an extractor done, well over $200. No one had the extractors but S&W, and they won't sell you one., you have to send them the gun.