Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
RepackboxRotoMetals2Load DataWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: TINKERING with the Lee TL-356-124-TC & PC'd...Working the load...

TINKERING with the Lee TL-356-124-TC & PC'd...Working the load...

I'm making these loads one at a time by zeroing the brass on the scale and throwing charges from the RCBS powder throw. I set it up by throwing 10 charges, weighing for average and adjusting accordingly.
    The left side of the graph is the standard deviation, the right side is the extreme spread and the bottom is the grains of Bullseye.

That info highlighted in yellow was done with a Beretta 92F. I gave up on that pistol after seeing 5 keyholes in 30 rounds. Hmmm, not sure what to comment about that but I did adjust the .38S/.357M expander to go deeper into the brass for the Browning High Power testing platform. The expander is .357" and the casts are .3568" and both pistol barrels are .355" right on the nose.
    I flair the brass on the Lee powder through die with the RCBS powder throw mounted above the die.

I'm doing 10 round batches for testing through the Chrony and shooting off the sandbag at 10 yards...the targets are the small ones that have 4 targets per sheet of 9 X 11 paper.
    The numbers written between the plots, printed vertical and sideways is the FPS of that powder weight plot.

I have 4.1 grains as my maximum test volume but don't want to go there because when I choose my load I am going to production run with the turret and I will not proof weigh rounds any closer than 20 or 30 apart...since the powder throw will vary .2'ths grain I don't want to be near the top load...these are cheap little plinker loads but grouping is important too.

The Pb was 11 BHN COWW's with some range scrap and finish weight after PC'ing was averageing between 124.9 ~ 126 grains.
    I cast, sized, PC'd, sized and loaded and there was no leading in either barrel.
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Banned
    Funny, I'm working up loads -w- BE also, haven't put them down range yet
    9mm Luger
    PWDRGRN BHN DIA RECOIL ACCURACY
    BE 4 19 356
    BE 4 19 357
    BE 4 14 356
    BE 4 14 357
    BE 4 10 356