Reloading EverythingWidenersLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRepackbox
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 50 State Legal Silenced Muzzleloader

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    So how do you get the ball past the baffles ?

It seems like a wad , patch or sabot would hang up on the way out , Minnies maybe too .......

Have they started looking at new names for the Chiefs and Royals yet ?
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Quote Originally Posted by Harter66 View Post
    So how do you get the ball past the baffles ?

It seems like a wad , patch or sabot would hang up on the way out , Minnies maybe too .......

Have they started looking at new names for the Chiefs and Royals yet ?
    When I glanced through the online manual it looked like they recommend 3 different bullets for it and that it loads with a loading tube to get past the baffles but I could be wrong since all I did was glance at the pictures and didn't actually read the entire manual.

I don't pay any attention to sports with one exception. I don't have cable or dish just internet like netflix and tubi.tv, so I couldn't careless what they call them. I do think the whole PC thing is ridiculous, who cares what a sports team is called, is changing the name some how going to rewrite history and wash away all the wrongs of the past?

The only exception is Nebraska Huskers Football, I usually check the scores online after they play. That is the most effort I can be bothered to put into sports teams.
    The Bill of Rights - Void were prohibited by law.
    Soap Box, Ballot Box, Jury Box, Ammo Box. Which one of these is still working properly?
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyR...83SK1hk2GT-Jqg

Quote Originally Posted by Minuteshaver View Post
    And if shooting your gun is to noisy, why cant you go spend 20$ on a pair of ear muffs instead of paying 1000 plus tax on this?
    Sometimes it's not about you, so you going to buy all of those around you those $20 hearing protection? Personally I'd say charging a $200 tax should be inflicted on some of the muzzle brakes that make the rifles even more dangerous from the sideways blast.

SilencerCo’s Facebook page posted this announcement yesterday:
    Upon launching the Maxim 50, SilencerCo received several immediate legal challenges from authorities and lawyers in the states of New Jersey, Massachusetts, and California. Since we have no desire to place any consumer in a situation where they may get arrested and charged with a felony because their state defines a firearm differently than the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE), we have placed orders from those states on hold and are refunding customers pending legal confirmation. We will update our customers as soon as we have multiple source verification.
    Guess that ton of money they spent on all those lawyers wasn't enough - these 3 states just gave them a heads up, there are more states that should have been on the no sale list.
    Last edited by Artful; 09-22-2017 at 02:12 PM.
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

In Remembrance
    Iirc, there is something like 9 states that treat a muzzle loader the same as a firearm, at least as far as having one mailed to your door. I would assume there are going to be several states that define silencers, suppressors, whatever in a way that will make these illegal on their state level.

Boolit Master
    No dog in this fight, but I am certainly relieved that NJ, MA, and CA are being so proactive in avoiding such an obvious threat to the safety of their residents.

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel4k View Post
    No dog in this fight, but I am certainly relieved that NJ, MA, and CA are being so proactive in avoiding such an obvious threat to the safety of their residents.
    Yep, we're up to our a** in gangbangers carrying powder horns and ramrods.
    The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government.
    -- Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Master
    I really wish that all those involved would stop using the word SILENCER, I have not been around or heard tale of a silent one yet. Understanding the difficulties of swaying the misinformed and ignorant sheep we are only handing the "haters" another tool. I am down off the box now, sorry.

Boolit Master

Heck, it's just plain ugly.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtek View Post
    I really wish that all those involved would stop using the word SILENCER, I have not been around or heard tale of a silent one yet. Understanding the difficulties of swaying the misinformed and ignorant sheep we are only handing the "haters" another tool. I am down off the box now, sorry.
    I understand what you're saying (I call it a suppressor), but box 4b on my ATF Form 4's all say "Silencer".

Furthermore, Maxim's patent is titled "Silencer for guns"; so any objections could perhaps be levied against both the BATFE and the US Patent Office. A bit of a challenge to make both of them admit that they're wrong & you're right, is what I'm thinking.

Banned
    Spoken by yet another guy who owns no cans.

And that makes a difference how Eldon?

It's great that you are an educated consumer (or did you make your own "cans")
    but not everyone can or wants exposure.
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Banned
    NJ (but usually somewhere east of the east coast)
    We have exactly the kind of government now, that this country was founded to avoid. WAY too many government employees. At this stage, its too far gone to "fix". Unfortunately, its going to take a total economic collapse, or another civil war to escape the situation created. And its coming, Something will probably snap during our children's generation. I think all this government "disarm the people" propaganda is the direct result of them trying to protect their comfy little nest. Theres no logical reason why so many "career politicians" (public servant my a**) should have documented net worths of 60-80-100+ million.. not to mention what they have hidden in "offshore investments". Big business, the media, and politicians have been bedfellows so long, its now in each segments best interest to look out for the others.

I figure, Its either a civil war, or more probably economic collapse. The world sees our economy in the crapper. all it would take it a switch from using U.S. currency as a world standard to buy oil. Many countries have already started refusing to use our dollar. The ones left who are willing, probably do so because their currency exchange is doing so well now its in their interest to let it slide. The only reason the deficit was able to climb to such astronomical figures is because of the mints ability to simply circulate more money against non existent "oil reserves". We are so teetering on the brink right now... and the media/ politicians, etc. are doing all they can to keep focus off the real issues, and their hands in the honeypot.

Boolit Master
    ^^^^ I think you're in the wrong forum.
    NRA Endowment Member

Armed people don't march into gas chambers.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...kly+Newsletter
    Industry News: Additional Layoffs At SilencerCo
    I guess they spent to much money on lawyers.
    The Bill of Rights - Void were prohibited by law.
    Soap Box, Ballot Box, Jury Box, Ammo Box. Which one of these is still working properly?
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyR...83SK1hk2GT-Jqg

Boolit Master
    Why not go the whole hog and have a digital alarm clock installed in the Plastic Stock.Electric ignition could also be installed.The Stainless Steel barrel and silencer could have a Lazer sight.A nice plastic Powder Horn could make up the ensemble.One would be the Bees knees at a annual BP rendevue.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234