Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Load DataWideners
RepackboxLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders Jerky Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 50 State Legal Silenced Muzzleloader

Banned
    Okay you are all right and the manufacturer who has invested a ton in this is wrong.

He has no attorneys and knows nothing LMAO !

As far as the states go --- if you chose to live in a state run by loons, having a suppressed BP rifle is the least of your problems !

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by rfd View Post
    cans on ml's, geez louise. another valid reason for me to completely dislike inline zip guns and all they stand for.
    Where's the kaboom? There is supposed to be an earth shattering kaboom!
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master

By the way silencers are LEGAL in VT now.

It's legal because it's the equivalent of a sound moderator on an air rifle. It it was detachable, it would fall under the purview of NFA '34 and require taxation. It's permanently attached to a non-firearm, and thus legal everywhere. PLUS better hunting season......it's a win for SiCo and I hope they make a ton of money for thinking outside the box on our stupid arbitrary laws.

Boolit Master
    The only valid reason is cause we cant have them on anything else ,they should be standard issue on every thing I shoot ! Why should shooters pay extra /tax and be prohibited by anyone for maintaining whats left of our hearing and disturbing the surrounding neighborhood . Yet my bike is to loud ,you will be harrassed

Boolit Man
    Believe it or not, but Delaware is actually part of the United States. In fact it's the First state. I say this because it seemed to drop off that earlier list.

Anyway, I can tell you that silencers are definitely illegal in Delaware.

Quote Originally Posted by rfd View Post
    cans on ml's, geez louise. another valid reason for me to completely dislike inline zip guns and all they stand for.
    Yep,.... it's just another "thing" to add more uglyness to an already ugly type of gun.

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    What would old George the Christmas Eve British regular slayer think of this ?
    To the purists , I ask are you ready to get rid of that fancy pants flint lock lock ? Geez what treachery against the poor helpless animals . You shouldn't use anything more advanced than a Matchlock and really isn't that ready ignition at a touch hole kind of modern ? What's with all these twisty lines inside the barrel doesn't that give you an unfair advantage ?
    If you're gonna shoot traditional ML you better not have anything better than a fowler barrel on a match lock anything else is cheating .

Between Sam Colt and those Smith and Wesson characters they ruined everything with those darn repeaters . I hate that LeMat guy too . I almost wish that Browning guy had never been born ..........or something .

I'm not a prayer kind of guy but I've whipped out the pen and sent snail mail in want of the suppressor relief bills .
    If I were 1 to drop $1k on a ML to hunt or compete with I'd be on this like fly's on a cow patty . But I'm not and I won't . If the bill manages to pass , which I doubt , the first thing on my list is an Invector based 12ga can or the spare BPS barrel is going to get "fixed" .
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Quote Originally Posted by Harter66 View Post
    What would old George the Christmas Eve British regular slayer think of this ?
    To the purists , I ask are you ready to get rid of that fancy pants flint lock lock ? Geez what treachery against the poor helpless animals . You shouldn't use anything more advanced than a Matchlock and really isn't that ready ignition at a touch hole kind of modern ? What's with all these twisty lines inside the barrel doesn't that give you an unfair advantage ?
    If you're gonna shoot traditional ML you better not have anything better than a fowler barrel on a match lock anything else is cheating .

Between Sam Colt and those Smith and Wesson characters they ruined everything with those darn repeaters . I hate that LeMat guy too . I almost wish that Browning guy had never been born ..........or something .

I'm not a prayer kind of guy but I've whipped out the pen and sent snail mail in want of the suppressor relief bills .
    If I were 1 to drop $1k on a ML to hunt or compete with I'd be on this like fly's on a cow patty . But I'm not and I won't . If the bill manages to pass , which I doubt , the first thing on my list is an Invector based 12ga can or the spare BPS barrel is going to get "fixed" .
    I have no idea of what you're babblin' about, but it's obvious you know nuthin' 'bout the history of traditional muzzleloaders.
    Flintlocks have been around for 300 years, and even matchlocks had "touch holes".
    ..... and NO,... "riflings" don't give me an unfair advantage as I shoot traditional smoothbores with no rear sight.

$1000.00 will just barely buy a decent, used, (USA made) traditional muzzleloader now days.

And speaking of "cheating",.... we "purists" still respect the spirit by which our muzzleloader seasons were originally established (unlike the late-comers shootin' modern zip guns).
    IMO the perfect "fix" for any modern inline, would be to wrap it's barrel around a tree.

Most sincere apologies . I actually prefer my cap locks with the rifled barrels and while the cheap knock off wannabes are just Hawkens like I enjoy shooting the powder I made myself in them .
    Obviously you over looked the tongue in cheek bit and how it relates to 900 yr of advances in tools that fire from indirect sources and must have a charge and projectile placed in the same opening from which it is expelled .

I much enjoy the Colts Dragoon and 1858 Remington , which also eat the powder I made .

The inline isn't some greasy kid stuff invention .

Thank God we agree on the plastic stocks .

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Quote Originally Posted by Harter66 View Post
    Most sincere apologies . I actually prefer my cap locks with the rifled barrels and while the cheap knock off wannabes are just Hawkens like I enjoy shooting the powder I made myself in them .
    Obviously you over looked the tongue in cheek bit and how it relates to 900 yr of advances in tools that fire from indirect sources and must have a charge and projectile placed in the same opening from which it is expelled .

I much enjoy the Colts Dragoon and 1858 Remington , which also eat the powder I made .

The inline isn't some greasy kid stuff invention .

Thank God we agree on the plastic stocks .
    Harter66,.... I'm sorry if I missed the "tongue in cheek" aspect of your post.

As the years go by and I watch the continued advancements being made to modern inlines, it sort'a scrapes across a sore spot to see some inline user's disrespect us older (traditional) fellas that actively lobbied our state's wildlife departments for the "special muzzleloader seasons/areas" they enjoy today.

I'm sure George Washington would have appreciated a rifled quiet Brown Bess .

I suppose I'm spoiled as the big game seasons here in the silver state have always required 45 cal plus and open sights , amended to add BP or sub only after the introduction of the Savage rifle .

I don't necessarily agree with the wonder mag 150 gr , pellet fed , poly wrapped ball as a ML suitable for every season but it is within the rules .

There are topics that I get my dander up about but in general it isn't shooting .......well maybe those snooty clays guys that don't see why anyone would need a 3 1/2" 10 ga much less a magazine feed anything .

The important thing is that we keep bringing in new blood . If it takes a suppressed ML to get a kid from the city interested in shooting and to glance at the history , would the cal 30 M1903 be the be all without Paul Mauser , then we should take it in even if it's ugly and plastic . Who knows that ugly plastic rifle might lead him/her to a circassian (?) walnut John Paul Jones (if thats not right you know who I meant) .

Quote Originally Posted by Eldon View Post
    Okay you are all right and the manufacturer who has invested a ton in this is wrong.

He has no attorneys and knows nothing LMAO !

As far as the states go --- if you chose to live in a state run by loons, having a suppressed BP rifle is the least of your problems !
    Go educate yourself about BATFE previous revisionists policy changes, and all 50 states definitions of suppressor and come back and play - start with open bolt weapons, bowers stock design, and the infamous shoelace decision.
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

I can tell you with 100% confidence modern muzzleloaders even of traditional design can only be shipped to and/or purchased from an FFL dealer in Illinois.

Also, silencers are Illegal in Illinois....heck anything Illegal is Illegal in Illinois unless it is immigration related.

BTW...I know an Attorney on this forum who could walk away from Dixie Gunworks with a black powder gun, but had them ship it to an FFL dealer because he knows the law in Illinois.
    Last edited by waarp8nt; 09-20-2017 at 07:04 PM.
    Boolits Feedback <> Gunbroker Feedback

Just remember son, many times free advise is worth what you pay for it. ~ My Dad

Bluegrass...the speed metal of country music!

Boolit Master
    Looks like I can't be separated from my shekels in the want of a so called MODERATOR that's verboten in this State. (MN)

Quote Originally Posted by bpatterson84 View Post
    It's permanently attached to a non-firearm, and thus legal everywhere.
    Muzzleloaders(pre-1898 firearms) are not "non-firearms", they are antique firearms and they fall under a very specific exemption(s)/definition(s) in the U.S.C. and the C.F.R..

Many states consider them a firearm and have specific laws that convicted felons can't own muzzleloaders or use them for hunting. I can also make a pretty good bet that if you murder someone with a muzzleloader every state in the nation will consider it a firearm in relation to the murder charges.
    The Bill of Rights - Void were prohibited by law.
    Soap Box, Ballot Box, Jury Box, Ammo Box. Which one of these is still working properly?
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyR...83SK1hk2GT-Jqg

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    No. Just no.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Banned
    Amusing how many of you live in slave states but lack the guts to do anything but complain on the web.

Just love my three cans, happy to pay the tax which is the same as when law was passed.

Wager cutting back to one case a week would buy cans and tax stamps too.

That's why I drive a 16 year old truck ----- so I can have the good toys.

Good you have you have some hearing protection, how many machine guns to put them on?
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Quote Originally Posted by Eldon View Post
    Amusing how many of you live in slave states but lack the guts to do anything but complain on the web.

Just love my three cans, happy to pay the tax which is the same as when law was passed.
    Ohh the irony in these two sentences...

Wager cutting back to one case a week would buy cans and tax stamps too.
    Why would I possibly want to cut back to one case of powder a week, why would I limit my reloading and shooting that much? If you meant beer, I haven't touched a drop of that nasty stuff in years and years.

That's why I drive a 16 year old truck ----- so I can have the good toys.
    If you have to drive a 16 y.o. truck to afford to own a couple cans and pay the tax you might consider doing something about your income...
    If suppressors are the good toys, you and I definitely have a different idea of what the good toys are.
    The Bill of Rights - Void were prohibited by law.
    Soap Box, Ballot Box, Jury Box, Ammo Box. Which one of these is still working properly?
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyR...83SK1hk2GT-Jqg

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast