Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Inline FabricationLoad DataRotoMetals2Repackbox
Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lee new auto prime

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Bama View Post
    It also works by adding a small strip of copper flashing around the bottom cross pin--not required to go all way around just shape of horse shoe. This shim will take up the wear in the linkage and make ram bottom out.
    Do the same thing but use an aluminum soda can strip and lube with automotive chaiss grease.

Boolit Grand Master
    I am probably the exception to the rule, buuttt.....

I prefer prime tools that are single feed if I am hand priming. I treasure my older style Lee priming tools with their large assortment of screw-in shell holders as well as my Lyman 310 tools with priming chambers and purpose built tools like the Sinclair, the Simmons, and various others from the late 19th and early 20th Centuries as well as their copies. Primers fed one at a time are almost never seated crooked or upside down! JMHO, YMMV!

Froggie
    Last edited by Green Frog; 12-12-2017 at 09:08 PM.
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Mold
    Just loaded my first 50 rounds this weekend, ever. Of all the pieces to setup and get familure with (Lee Deluxe Challenger Kit) this Auto Bench Primer was the easiest and went the most smoothly. Not testifing to the longevity here, and don't have the history with any other methods, but easy - Big YES - 50 of 50.

BR - thanks for the tip on the "round tray" auto prime of bringing the thing back to life. I have gone through many of Lee's primers over the years and had to retire them or replace the toggle ever so often because of the "pot metal" couldn't take the "thumb pressure". I did get the "square" auto prime between the "rounds" and was also aggravated with the inconvenient jams. I went back to it and got it to work better after I slowed down and payed attention to the "angle of the dangle" and put less primers in at once (working my way back up to to max).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12