WidenersLoad DataRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Reloading EverythingRepackboxLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: finally have enough lead stashed away ................

Boolit Grand Master
    I recently turned 67. Have about 3000 lbs of casting lead and a ton of shot. Still will buy lead if I get a good deal. I look at it as an investment. It allows me to keep shooting as inexpensively as possible and even if I do not use it all, it appreciates.
    Don Verna

Boolit Buddy
    I live in a rural setting and have 21 acres with my own range - I recycle and reload 98% of my lead that I retrieve from my bullet trap. I have less than a ton of lead but I am sure that what I do have will last me the rest of my life. I'm 67 and I would never not pick up a stray wheel weight!!! I am of Scotch decent.

Boolit Grand Master

Enough is only a relative term. How long are you gonna be able to shoot? How many more, or less guns will you shoot? Will your health last? On and on go the variables that determin enough.
    The final determination will be for those left behind when they split up whats left.
    I'm determined to leave them something to either cuss me for or enjoy. At this point, it's all conjecture.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Banned
    OK, Beerd , we are all curious, what do you consider enough? now out with it, what do you got?

Boolit Master
    I'm conservatively into 1000+ lbs now....but I just ordered another box from The Captain since I've never had true "COWW" and would like to try it for my 9mm loads. Most of mine is range scrap and misc alloy with ~400lbs of factory ingots in 95/5 blend. I'm not looking forward to moving it to the new house but that's just cause my wife will see all the boxes I've hidden around the house .
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12