RotoMetals2Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyLee Precision
WidenersRepackboxLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Permanently marking cases????

Quote Originally Posted by 17nut View Post
    This exactly what I would do! But I wouldn't cut them that deep or remove metal. Just a scribed line from a sharp pointed tool like a threading tool would be dandy. Been wanting a small lathe for years for many reasons, including this one.

Banned
    Owning both 9x19's and 9x18's using Makarov stamped brass isn't a big advantage.

would be the most permanent, I could mount a scribe to my drill press table and chuck brass in the press and lower lightly onto the scribe or like previously mentioned grind the center out of one of these

or remove the drill bit from

or use one of these

clamp 2 pieces of wood together center them under the drill press and clamp 1 of the pieces to the press table. drill a hole smaller than the brass between them and switch to my desired marking bit. Make a make shift hinge on one end of the 2 pieces of wood and remove the claps holding them together. I can open and close the free end with one hand to remove and secure the brass. Adjust the throw of the drill press so I don't scribe to deep then I'm on my way and I don't have to turn off the press between cases

The Dykem steel layout fluid & Birchwood Casey's "Brass Black" are good options,
    I'd like to mark at least part of the sides to make identification quick and easy like

Thank you,
    I enjoy hearing how you do things. it opens my mind to new/different solutions and get my brain out of a rut.
    Last edited by Grmps; 09-30-2017 at 07:29 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12