Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2StainLess Steel MediaInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyGraf & SonsADvertise hereLee Precision

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mossberg MVP Long Range

Boolit Master
    look at the Mossberg owners forum, http://www.mossbergmvp.com/index.php...olt-club.1552/

Boolit Master
    If that's the only issue I'd buy one in a second.

Also, please note that no one is in any danger from that issue. The bolt handle will not 'fly off in your face' since there is no pressure there to do anything. The bolt head remained firmly in place containing the cartridge in the chamber properly.

Loose bolts could be an issue, but, I've handled plenty of Mausers and Springfields with 'loose' bolts and never had an issue with firing them.

Plastic floorplate. Could be an issue depending on the type of plastic used. Some of the plastics I'd take over stamped sheet metal. Would be a good place for aftermarket to step up and offer a CNC aluminum replacement.

I do agree that a Savage might be a better choice, but, I would not turn up a good price on the Mossberg.

Boolit Master

I've read several reviews of the MVP LR and the only real bad thing I've seen come up is that the accuracy seems sub par. I just want it to poke holes in paper from a bench with cast bullets. I doubt it would ever see any other kind of service with me.

Boolit Master
    well everyone can get what they want in the end, its their choice, but personally I have seen used rossi and Taurus revolvers on the used market that were brazil cop trade ins that reeked of sheer machining quality over those Mossberg rifles I have seen in person.

I know of one firm that is doing machined bar stock bottom metal for the .223 version....dunno if they plan to do a .308 soon or not.

Still interested in one, but its a tertiary want right now. If they took G3 mags I would be hot for one but alas.
    My firearms project blog

Boolit Master

Went to a local shop today that had the Ruger Americans. Felt all wrong to me and is a light sporter weight anyway. I'm kind of looking for a bench gun. He had one of the Mossberg Flex rifles there. I just don't like the looks, but the extendable stock might be something that would grown on me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12